Get here the best 90’s trivia questions and answers that will make you remind about the memories of the 90s.
Best 90’s Trivia Questions And Answers
1. How many Americans tuned in to watch the O.J. Simpson trial verdict?
Answer: 95 million
2. How old was Notorious B.I.G. when he was murdered?
3. Power Rangers was banned in what country until 2011?
Answer: New Zealand
4. The “Dream Team” won Olympic gold in what year’s games?
5. What actor starred in two of the top 10 highest grossing films of the 1990s?
Answer: Will Smith (in Independence Day and Men In Black)
6. What are bucket hats called in Australia?
Answer: Giggle hats
7. What band is featured on Beavis’ shirt?
8. What fad toy was feared to be a tool for foreign spies?
9. What fashion accessory was invented by a high school shop teacher?
Answer: Slap bracelets
10. What hit song was unwittingly written about deodorant?
Answer: “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
11. What is considered the first reality TV show?
Answer: The Real World
12. What Nickelodeon show kickstarted the careers of Nick Cannon, Kenan Thompson and Amanda Bynes?
Answer: All That
13. What singer broke her own record for highest-ever attendance at the Houston Astrodome in 1995?
14. What soda’s working name was “Mountain Dew Killer?”
15. What star played the first openly gay teen character on TV?
Answer: Ryan Phillippe in One Life to Live
16. What video game was the first ever to be played in space?
17. What was the bestselling rock album of the 1990s?
Answer: Alanis Morissette, Jagged Little Pill
18. What was the bestselling video game console of the 1990s?
Answer: Sony Playstation
19. What was the federal minimum wage for most the 1990s?
20. What was the first animated feature film to nominated for a Best Picture Oscar?
Answer: Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
21. What was the first rap song to hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100?
Answer: “Ice Ice Baby”
22. What was the most-watched TV episode of the 1990s?
Answer: The Cheers finale in 1993
23. What was the name of Bill and Hillary Clinton‘s cat?
24. What was the peak Billboard chart position of The Rembrandts’ “I’ll Be There for You?”
Answer: No. 17
25. What year did the Mall of America open?
26. When did Major League Soccer kick off in the U.S.?
27. When did the Google search engine first debut?
28. When was the World Wide Web first introduced?
29. Which actor was one of the first approached to play Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story?
Answer: Billy Crystal
30. Who was named the first female secretary of state in 1997?
Answer: Madeleine Albright
90’s Music Trivia Questions And Answers
1. Britney Spears released her debut album in 1999. What was it called?
Answer: Baby One More Time
2. Eric Clapton had a UK top 30 hit in 1991 with what song?
Answer: “Wonderful Tonight”
3. In what year was the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “Give It Away” released?
4. Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, and more led to what musical movement of the ’90s?
Answer: The Latin explosion
5. Nirvana had the most successful song in the 90’s. What was its name?
Answer: “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
6. What 1995 Michael Jackson song reached number one in the UK and the U.S.?
Answer: “You Are Not Alone”
7. What 1996 song by Toni Braxton includes the lyrics, “I cried so many nights”?
Answer: “Un-Break My Heart”
8. What 90’s song by Peter Andre has this line, “I stop and stare at you, walking on the shore, I try to concentrate, my mind wants to explore”?
Answer: “Mysterious Girl”
9. What American female singer released an album The Immaculate Collection in 1990?
10. What are the first names of the Gallagher brothers from Oasis?
Answer: Liam and Noel
11. What artist earned the Academy Award in 1994 for Best Original Song for his “Streets of Philadelphia”?
Answer: Bruce Springsteen
12. What band released “Give It Away” in 1991?
Answer: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Read: Pokemon Trivia Questions
13. What band, formed in Columbia, South Carolina, sang “Hold my hand”?
Answer: Hootie and the Blowfish
14. What boy band released the song titled “A Different Beat” in 1996?
15. What female artist sang the hit song “My Heart Will Go On” from Titanic?
Answer: Celine Dion
16. What female recording artist released “Hero” in 1993?
Answer: Mariah Carey
17. What is the name of MC Hammer’s most successful single of the 90’s?
Answer: “U Can’t Touch This”
18. What is the name of the 1997 rock band in which were Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman, and Will Champion?
Answer: Cold Play
19. What is the name of the Jamaican singer who released “Iron Lion Zion” in 1992?
Answer: Bob Marley
20. What is the name of the rock band formed by Damon Albarn, Graham Coxon, Alex James, Dave Rowntree?
21. What is the name of the Swedish pop group’s whose founding members are Jonas, Jenny, Linn, and Ulf?
Answer: Ace of Base
22. What male vocalist released a bestselling album in 1991 called Diamonds And Pearls?
23. What movie star appeared in Paula Abdul’s “Rush, Rush” video?
Answer: Keanu Reeves
24. What movie star danced “Mary Jane’s Last Dance” with Tom Petty?
Answer: Kim Basinger
25. What popular singer won a Grammy for Best Reggae Album in 1995?
Read: Best Trivia Questions
26. What popular song from the 1990s repeats the lines, “I get knocked down / but I get up again / You’re never gonna keep me down”?
Answer: “Tubthumping” by Chumbawamba
27. What Queen song includes the lyrics, “But life still goes on, I can’t get used to, living without, living without, living without you by my side”?
Answer: “I Want to Break Free”
28. What rock band from Los Angeles, California sang “Renegades Of Funk”?
Answer: Rage Against The Machine
29. What rock band had the number one hit “The Fly” in 1991?
30. What Seal song has the line, “Solitary brother, Is there still a part of you that wants to live?”
31. What singer sang the lyrics, “Look into my eyes – you will see, what you mean to me” and in what song?
Answer: Bryan Adams in “Everything I Do”
32. What song by Katrina and The Waves won the 1997 Eurovision Song Contest for the United Kingdom?
Answer: “Love Shine a Light”
33. What song by Pulp has the line, “She came from Greece, she had a thirst for knowledge”?
Answer: “Common People”
34. What song of the Roxette duo was featured in movie Pretty Woman?
Answer: “It Must Have Been Love”
35. What Steven Kapoor song was included in the soundtrack for Dumb and Dumber?
36. What two members of NSYNC were Mouseketeers on The All New Mickey Mouse Club?
Answer: Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez
37. What two New Kids on the Block were brothers?
Answer: Jordan and Johnathan Knight
38. What was the English rock band Blur’s first number one single in the UK?
Answer: “Country House”
39. What was the name of Shaggy’s 1993 hit song?
Answer: “Oh Carolina”
40. What year was Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You” released?
41. Which ’90s girl group was second best-selling after the Spice Girls?
42. Which Madonna song was the biggest selling single of 1990, selling over 6 million copies?
43. Which singer sang “Torn”?
Answer: Natalie Imbruglia
44. Which two extremely famous (and somewhat rival) boy bands were at their peak in the 1990s?
Answer: NSYNC and Backstreet Boys
45. Who had a U.S. number one song in 1992 with “This Used To Be My Playground”?
46. Who is the lead singer for the band Smashing Pumpkins?
Answer: Billy Corgan
47. Who is the lead singer of Hole, the American alternative rock band?
Answer: Kurt Cobain’s wife, Courtney Love
48. Who is the main vocalist of Irish boy band Westlife?
Answer: Shane Filan
49. Who released the 1991 hit “Smells Like Teen Spirit”?
50. Who sang “Mambo No. 5”?
Answer: Lou Bega
51. Who sang “Steal My Sunshine”?
52. Who was the only member of the Spice Girls with a name that was an actual spice?
Answer: Ginger Spice, aka Geri Halliwell
90’s Movies Trivia Questions And Answers
1. For which 1997 animated movie did James Woods voice the villain?
2. In the 1994 movie Forrest Gump, Forrest famously says, “Life is like a box of chocolates.” What is the next part of the line?
Answer: “You never know what you’re going to get.”
3. In the 1995 romcom Clueless, what is the name of the actor who portrays Cher Horowitz?
Answer: Alicia Silverstone
4. In the 1999 movie Fight Club, what was the first rule of Fight Club?
Answer: You don’t talk about Fight Club.
5. In what 1999 movie is the line “I see dead people” famously uttered?
Answer: The Sixth Sense
6. In what movie was the line, “Keep the change, ya filthy animal!” and who said it?
Answer: Johnny (Ralph Foody) in Home Alone
7. The songs “My Guy (My God)” and “I Will Follow Him” were part of which 90s movie?
Answer: Sister Act
8. What ’90s movie had Looney Tunes music in its soundtrack?
Answer: Space Jam
9. What 1992 movie marked Robin Williams’ first animated movie?
Answer: FernGully – The Last Rainforest
10. What actor voiced Moses in 1998’s The Prince of Egypt?
Answer: Val Kilmer
11. What actor, playing what part in what movie was the line, “There’s no crying in baseball.”
Answer: Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks) in A League of Their Own
12. What actress playing what part said, “Molly, you in danger girl.” And in what movie was it said?
Answer: Oda Mae Brown (Whoopi Goldberg) in Ghost
13. What actress, in what role, said, “Molly, you in danger, girl.”
Answer: Whoopi Goldberg as Oda Mae Brown in Ghost
14. What are the names of the two mice in The Rescuers Down Under?
Answer: Biance and Bernard
15. What character said, “Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?” and in what movie?
Answer: Detective James Carter (Chris Tucker) in Rush Hour
16. What character said, “I see dead people,” and in what movie was this line said?
Answer: Cole Sear (Haley Joel Osment) in The Sixth Sense
17. What is the name of the 1997 film that stars John Cusack, Nicolas Cage, and John Malkovich?
Answer: Con Air
18. What movie is the memorable line, “You had me at hello,” said and in what movie?
Answer: Dorothy Boyd (Renee Zellweger) in Jerry Maguire
19. What veteran actor said, “You can’t handle the truth!” and in what film?
Answer: Colonel Nathan R. Jessup (Jack Nicholson) in A Few Good Men
20. What was the highest-grossing film of the 1990s?
21. Which 1990s film paid Macaulay Culkin a $1 million paycheck?
Answer: My Girl
22. Which popular 1990s heartthrob voiced young Simba in The Lion King?
Answer: Jonathan Taylor Thomas
23. Which Shakespeare play is the 1999 movie 10 Things I Hate About You based on?
Answer: The Taming of the Shrew
24. Who played Captain Steven Hiller in Independence Day?
Answer: Will Smith
25. Who said, “I’m the king of the world!” and in what film?
Answer: Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio) in Titanic
26. Who said, “What’s in the box?” and in what movie?
Answer: Detective David Mills (Brad Pitt) in Se7en
27. Who voices Buzz Lightyear and Woody in the 1995 film Toy Story?
Answer: Tim Allen and Tom Hanks
28. Who wrote the novel that the 1993 film Jurassic Park is based on?
Answer: Michael Crichton
90’s Pop Culture Trivia Questions And Answers
1. As the Pokemon video game craze launched in the United States in 1998, two iterations of the series were published on Game Boy?
Answer: Red and Blue
2. Genetic engineering introduced what color roses for the first time in the ’90s?
3. Hanson’s first single was released in 1997 and shot straight to the top of the charts. What is it called?
4. How many championships did the Chicago Bulls win in the 1990s?
Answer: 6 — 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, and 1998
5. How old was Tiger Woods when he won his first Master’s?
6. Howie Dorough, A. J. McLean, Nick Carter, Brian Littrell and Kevin Richardson comprise what boy band formed in 1993?
Answer: The Backstreet Boys
7. In the 1990s, what function was added to portable CD players that enabled both children and adults to enjoy their music without missing a beat?
Answer: Skip Protection
8. In the 1990s, which wide-leg jeans became a fashion favourite for children?
9. In the television series “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” what was the name of the family butler?
10. In what city did the Simpson family live?
11. It is often regarded as one of the best video games of its generation. What gaming platform did “GoldenEye 007” debut on?
Answer: Nintendo 64
12. Kel Mitchell famously loved one thing on All That and The Kenan and Kel Show — what was it?
Answer: Orange soda
13. What 90’s song by Peter Andre has this line, “I stop and stare at you, walking on the shore, I try to concentrate, my mind wants to explore”?
Answer: “Mysterious Girl”
14. What band did Zac, Isaac, and Taylor form and peaked at the top of the charts in 1997 with the hit single “MMMBop?”
15. What boy band included Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez?
16. What character in Everybody Loves Raymond thought he had a bed-wetting problem when he was a child because Raymond poured water in his bed?
17. What dance craze was popularized by Los Del Mar in the 1990s?
18. What dance did Los Del Mar popularize in the 1990s?
Answer: The Macarena
19. What does the abbreviation “AOL” stand for?
Answer: American Online
20. What is the actual name of Courtney Love?
Answer: Courtney Michelle Harrison
21. What is the butler’s name in the popular 1990s show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?
22. What is the name of the character from “Friends” who was famous for attempting to seduce women by saying, “How are you doing?”
23. What is the title of the first installment of R. L. Stine’s “Goosebumps” series?
Answer: Welcome to Dead House
24. What Nickelodeon animated show starred Tommy, Chuckie, and Angelica?
25. What plush toys did Ty Inc. sell that took over the world of toys in the 1990s?
Answer: Beanie Babies
26. What reality television program is known to be the first?
Answer: The Real World
27. What snack was the most effective for applying to your fingers and creating witch fingernails?
28. What was the bestselling video game console of the 1990s?
Answer: Sony PlayStation
29. What was the name of the popular furry toy of the ’90s that some people thought was spying on them?
Answer: The Furby
30. What was the name of the sheep that was effectively cloned for the first time in 1996?
31. What was the name of the virtual pet simulation game that came in a tiny, egg-shaped electronic system and enabled users to eat, play with, and clean up after their pet?
32. What year did Princess Diana perish in a Paris traffic crash?
33. What year did the Mall of America open?
34. When did Major League Soccer kick off in the U.S.?
35. When did the Google search engine launch?
36. Which actor was one of the first approached to play Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story?
Answer: Billy Crystal
37. Which company made the incredibly popular Beanie Babies?
38. Which mega pop star inspired the title of the film, Scream?
Answer: Michael Jackson
39. Which Sesame Street character got its own ticklish toy in the 1990s that was on every child’s Christmas list?
40. Which television show’s theme song began with the following line, “Where has predictability gone?”
Answer: Full house
41. Who is the “Sesame Street” star who was tickled with laughter and became the Christmas 1996 must-have toy?
42. Who is the fictitious female protagonist in the 1996 video game series “Tomb Raider”?
Answer: Lara Croft
43. Who made Ice Ice Baby famous?
Answer: Vanilla Ice
44. Who played Kevin McCallister in the blockbuster film, “Home Alone?”
Answer: Macaulay Culkin
45. Who said, “What’s in the box?” and in what movie?
Answer: Detective David Mills (Brad Pitt) in Se7en
90’s Game Trivia Questions And Answers
1. From which 1992 film is the quote “You can’t handle the truth!” taken?
Answer: A Few Good Men
2. From which country did Croatia and Slovenia declare independence on 25 June 1991?
3. In which 1990 film did characters played by Kiefer Sutherland, Julia Roberts, William Baldwin and Kevin Bacon induce near death experiences?
4. In which 1991 movie about firefighters investigating arson starred Kurt Russell, William Baldwin, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Rebecca De Mornay, Donald Sutherland and Robert De Niro?
5. In which 1992 film did Gerard Depardieu play Christopher Columbus discovering the New World?
Answer: 1492: Conquest of Paradise
6. In which 1993 movie did Bill Murray play a weatherman who was destined to live the same day again and again and again?
Answer: Groundhog Day
7. In which city did the Petronas Twin Towers open in 1997, becoming the tallest buildings in the world at that time?
Answer: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8. In which film series did Denholm Elliott, who died aged 70 in October 1992, play the part of Dr Marcus Brody?
Answer: Indiana Jones
9. What was founded through the signing of the Maastricht Treaty on 7 February 1992: The International Criminal Court, the European Space Agency or the European Union?
Answer: European Union
10. What was sent for the very first time on 3 December 1992?
Answer: Text message
11. What was the name of Keanu Reeves’ character in 1999’s The Matrix: Neo, Nemo or Nero?
12. What was the name of the world’s first cloned mammal, a sheep, which was revealed in February 1997: Molly, Polly, Dolly or Holly
13. What was the nationality of Linus Torvalds, who announced in August 1991 that he was working on a new operating system, which would become Linux: Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish or Danish?
14. Which 1998 film starring Cameron Diaz and Ben Stiller tells the story of a man who uses a private detective to track down his high school sweetheart?
Answer: There’s Something About Mary
15. Which American author, whose work included five novels featuring Tom Ripley, died in Switzerland in February 1995?
Answer: Patricia Highsmith
16. Which American travel writer, now a long-time resident of the United Kingdom, wrote about his experiences of walking the Appalachian Trail in his 1998 book A Walk in the Woods?
Answer: Bill Bryson
17. Which British singer, best known for the song Never Gonna Give You Up, retired from the music industry in 1993 at the age of 27?
Answer: Rick Astley
18. Which British singer, whose career was kicked off by the 1963 song I Only Want to Be With You, and continued with You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me and Son of a Preacher Man, died aged 59 In 1999?
Answer: Dusty Springfield
19. Which country was allowed to take part in the 1992 Summer Olympics for the first time following a suspension from the games that had begun in 1960?
Answer: South Africa
20. Which fashion designer was shot dead on the steps of his Miami Beach mansion, aged 50, on 15 July 1997?
Answer: Gianni Versace
21. Which former American footballer was found not guilty of double murder in October 1995?
Answer: OJ Simpson
22. Which international publishing platform did CERN publicise for the first time in August 1991?
Answer: World Wide Web
23. Which member of the Monty Python team appeared in several scenes of the 1998 Tom Hanks movie You’ve Got Mail, all of which were cut: Michael Palin or John Cleese?
Answer: Michael Palin
24. Which Middle Eastern 24-hour news channel launched on 1 November 1996?
Answer: Al Jazeera
25. Which of the following was the first part of the International Space Station, which launched in 1998, sent into orbit by Russia, Europe or the United States?
26. Which royal died in the Pont de l’Alma tunnel in Paris on 31 August 1997?
Answer: Princess Diana
27. Which space-based device for viewing distant stars was launched at the start of the 1990s and needed to be serviced because its main mirror was flawed and produced distorted images?
Answer: Hubble Space Telescope
28. Which Superman actor was paralysed from the neck down after falling from his horse in May 1995?
Answer: Christopher Reeve
29. Which US pop artist released HIStory in 1995, his first ever double album?
Answer: Michael Jackson
30. Who announced he was quitting the Rolling Stones on 3 December 1992: Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood or Bill Wyman?
Answer: Bill Wyman
31. Who did George Peppard, who died in May 1994, play in The A-Team?
Answer: Hannibal Smith
32. Who lost to Germany in the final of the UEFA Euro 96 football championship: Poland, Czech Republic or Slovakia?
Answer: Czech Republic