Nowadays both WordPress and Blogger are very famous blogging platforms for creating blogs. WordPress is famous for advanced blogging, and Blogger is the best platform for new bloggers. Blogger is also known as BlogSpot.
You will gain basic knowledge on blogging by using BlogSpot. For example:
- How to create a blog?
- How to connect a domain name?
- How to install a theme?
- How to customize a blog?
- How to write a blog post?
- how to do SEO for your blog?
- How to get visitors to your blog
- How to do blog monetization, etc.
In this article, we will do a complete review of Blogspot and we will know what is Blogspot, how Blogspot started, what is the benefit of creating a blog in Blogspot, etc.
What is Blogger or BlogSpot?
Blogger is a self-publishing blogging platform that allows users to create blogs almost for free. It is now a Google product, and you can create a blog on Blogspot with the help of your Gmail account.
Blogger is hosted by Google and accessed from blogspot.com as the subdomain. If you create a free blog in Blogger, your blog URL will be like www.yourblog.blogspot.com. “yourblog” will be like the name of your blog, which you will use in your URL, blogspot.com is subdomain will be associated with it.
History of Blogger
- Blogger was founded on 23 August 1999, by Evan Williams, co-founder of Pyra Labs.
- In 2004, Google purchased Picasa and integrated it into Blogger, which helped users for sharing photos.
- In 2006, Blogger was redesigned and all blogs were migrated to Google servers.
- In 2007, Blogger was ranked 16th in the list of top 50 domains in terms of unique visitor numbers.
- In 2013, the URLs of all blogs were redirected to country-specific URLs. For example, if you created a blog in India and your blog URL was redirected from www.yourblog.blogspot.com to www.yourblog.blogspot.in. But it was discontinued by Blogger in 2018 and all blog URLs started to redirect to the default blogspot.com address.
What language does BlogSpot support?
Blogspot is available in 61 languages including English, which includes 8 Indian languages. In the table below, a list of all the languages has been given:
|1. Afrikaans||22. Galician||42. Polish|
|2. Amharic||23. German||43. Portuguese (Brazil)|
|3. Arabic||24. Greek||44. Portuguese (Portugal)|
|4. Bangla||25. Gujarati||45. Romanian|
|5. Basque||26. Hebrew||46. Russian|
|6. Bulgarian||27. Hindi||47. Serbian|
|7. Catalan||28. Hungarian||48. Slovak|
|8. Chinese (Simplified)||29. Icelandic||49. Slovenian|
|9. Chinese (Taiwan)||30. Indonesian||50. Spanish (Latin America)|
|10. Chinese (Traditional)||31. Italian||51. Spanish|
|11. Croatian||32. Japanese||52. Swahili|
|12. Czech||33. Kannada||53. Swedish|
|13. Danish||34. Korean||54. Tamil|
|14. Dutch||35. Latvian||55. Telugu|
|15. English (United Kingdom)||36. Lithuanian||56. Thai|
|16. English||37. Malay||57. Turkish|
|17. Estonian||38. Malayalam||58. Ukrainian|
|18. Filipino||39. Marathi||59. Urdu|
|19. Finnish||40. Norwegian||60. Vietnamese|
|20. French (Canada)||41. Persian||61. Zulu|
Important information about BlogSpot
Before creating a blog in Blogspot, you need to know some important information:
- You can create a maximum of 100 blogs on one Gmail account.
- You can add up to 100 authors to one blog.
- There is no restriction on the number of blog posts. You can write unlimited blog posts on a blog.
- For your blog, you can write a description maximum of 500 characters.
- In a blog, you can create up to 5000 labels. And in a blog post, you can create up to 20 labels.
- If you violate any of the terms and conditions of Blogspot, your blog may be suspended without any notice.
- There are many themes available in Blogspot. You can design your blog by selecting any of those themes. Apart from this, you can use third-party themes.
- You cannot use plugins in Blogger like WordPress.
How to monetize a BlogSpot blog?
Everyone wants to earn money. You can also earn money online through blogging. Blogspot does not have advanced features like WordPress. Still, you can earn money online with the help of BlogSpot.
Google Adsense is the best option for monetization of BlogSpot blog. Apart from this, you can also use the Amazon affiliate program. You can monetize your Blogspot blog by promoting Amazon’s product.
There are lots of affiliate programs available in the market. You can suggest those affiliate programs to your readers, and you can earn money.
Pros and Cons of BlogSpot
- BlogSpot is best for new bloggers to learn about blogs and Blogging. It provides an opportunity to create a free blog.
- You don’t need to buy any hosting services, because Google manages the BlogSpot through its own server.
- It is a simple self-publishing platform, where you can create a blog without any prior knowledge.
- You can earn money from BlogSpot by monetizing through AdSense.
- If you want to use third-party Blogger themes, then you will get the themes at a very low cost.
- Most importantly, with the help of Google’s QuestionHub, you will get a lot of ideas to write your topic-related articles on Blogspot.
- BlogSpot is not best for advanced blogging. If you want blogging as a profession then you need to move from BlogSpot to other platforms like WordPress.org.
- If you violate any terms and conditions of BlogSpot, then BlogSpot can remove your blog.
- You can use third-party themes on BlogSpot, but the themes are limited by options.
FAQ on BlogSpot
Yes, you can create a blog on BlogSpot for free. If you create your blog on any other platform, then you have to pay the cost of the domain name, cost of hosting, cost of blog security, etc. But on BlogSpot, you only have to pay the cost of a domain name.
Creating a blog on BlogSpot is free if you want to create your blog with the blogspot.com subdomain. Otherwise, you only have to spend only 600 to 800 rupees as the cost of a domain name.
BlogSpot is a good blogging platform for those who don’t know much about blogging. It is the best platform for new bloggers to learn about blogging.
Google AdSense is the best ad network for making money from blogging. Everybody can earn money from BlogSpot with the help of Google AdSense.
BlogSpot is best for new bloggers who don’t know about blogging and WordPress is the best platform for those who want to make blogging professional.
Know More About BlogSpot