Get here the list of 36 brain teasers quiz with their answers.
Brain Teasers Quiz
1. A man stands on one side of a river, his dog on the other. The man calls his dog, who immediately crosses the river without getting wet and without using a bridge or a boat. How did the dog do it? Answer: The river was frozen
2. A red house is made from red bricks. A blue house is made from blue bricks. A yellow house is made from yellow bricks. What is a green house made from? Answer: Glass
3. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be? Answer: The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry.
4. First I am dried, then I am wet. The longer I swim, the more taste you get. What am I? Answer: Tea
5. How can 8 + 8 = 4? Answer: When you think in terms of time. 8 AM + 8 hours= 4 o’clock.
6. I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I? Answer: Pencil lead
7. I can’t be bought, but I can be stolen with a glance. I’m worthless to one, but priceless to two. What am I? Answer: Love
8. I left my campsite and hiked south for 3 miles. Then I turned east and hiked for 3 miles. I then turned north and hiked for 3 miles, at which time I came upon a bear inside my tent eating my food! What color was the bear? Answer: White, since the only place you can do that is the North Pole and polar bears are the only kind of bears that live there.
9. In my hand I have two coins that are newly minted. Together, they total 30 cents. One isn’t a nickel. What are the coins? Answer: A quarter and a nickel
10. Lovely and round, I shine with pale light, grown in the darkness, A lady’s delight. What am I? Answer: A pearl
11. No matter how little or how much you use me, you change me every month. What am I? Answer: A calendar
12. There is a word in the English language in which the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four signify a great man, and the whole word, a great woman. What is the word? Answer: Heroine
13. They fill me up and you empty me, almost everyday; if you raise my arm, I work the opposite way. What am I? Answer: A mailbox
14. Turn me on my side and I am everything. Cut me in half and I am nothing. What am I? Answer: The number 8
15. What is harder to catch the faster you run? Answer: Your breath
16. What is special about these words: job, polish, herb? Answer: They are pronounced differently when the first letter is capitalized.
17. Which three letters can frighten a thief away? Answer: ICU
18. A cowboy arrives in town on Friday, stays for three days, and then leaves on Friday. How did he do it? Answer: His horse was Friday.
19. A girl is sitting in a house at night with no light. There is no lamp, no candle, nothing. Yet she reads. How? ‘Or’ What? Answer: The woman is blind and reads braille.
20. He has married many women, but has never been married. Who is he? Answer: A preacher
21. I am tall when I am young, and I am short when I am old. What am I? Answer: A candle.
22. I have a big mouth and I am also quite loud! I am NOT a gossip but I do get involved with everyone’s dirty business. What am I? Answer: A vacuum cleaner
23. I have four wings, but cannot fly, I never laugh and never cry; On the same spot I’m always found, toiling away with little sound. What am I? Answer: A windmill
24. I weaken all men for hours each day. I show you strange visions while you are away. I take you by night, by day take you back. None suffer to have me, but do from my lack. What am I? Answer: Sleep
25. My life is often a volume of grief, your help is needed to turn a new leaf. Stiff is my spine and my body is pale, but I’m always ready to tell a tale. What am I? Answer: A book
26. Take one out and scratch my head, I am now black but once was red. What am I? Answer: A match
27. Two girls have played and completed five games of chess. Each of them won the same number of fun, and there was no tie in any game. How did it happen? Answer: The two girls did not clash and played with different opponents
28. Until I am measured, I am not known. Yet you miss me, when I have flown. What am I? Answer: Time
29. What can be stolen, mistaken, or altered, yet never leaves you your entire life? Answer: Your identity
30. What do you throw out when you want to use it but take in when you don’t want to use it? Answer: An anchor
31. What goes around the wood but never goes into the wood? Answer: The bark on a tree.
32. What has no hands but might knock on your door, and if it does you better open up? Answer: Opportunity
33. What is the reason it is considered illegal to bury a man living in North America in South America? Answer: It is illegal to bury a man alive when he is alive.
34. When you add two letters, the five-letter word becomes shorter. What is that? Answer: Short
35. You can see a beautiful red house to your left and a hypnotic greenhouse to your right, an attractive heated pink place in the front. So, where is the White House? Answer: The White House in the United States
36. You enter a room with a match, a kerosene lamp, a candle, and a fireplace. Which do you turn on first? Answer: The match.