Check out here the list of some classic riddles for kids with answers.
Classic Riddles For Kids And Students
1. A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, an attractive girl named Sarah. The bus driver had to go on a long bus trip that would last a week. Before he left, he gave Sarah seven apples. Why? Answer: An apple a day keeps the doctor away!
2. A horse was tied to a rope 5 meters long and the horses food was 15 meters away from the horse. How did the horse reach the food? Answer: The rope wasn’t tied to anything so he could reach the food.
3. A man rode out of town on Sunday, he stayed a whole night at a hotel and rode back to town the next day on Sunday. How is this possible? Answer: His Horse was called Sunday!
4. A pregnant lady named her children: Dominique, Regis, Michelle, Fawn, Sophie and Lara. What will she name her next child? Jessica, Katie, Abby or Tilly? Answer: Tilly. She seems to follow the scale Do, Re, Me, Fa, So, La, and then Ti.
5. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? Answer: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
6. Five apples are in a basket. How do you divide them among five girls so that each girl gets an apple, but one apple remains in the basket? Answer: Give the fifth girl her apple in the basket.
Read: Funny Riddles for kids
7. How many seconds are there in one year? Answer: A: 12 of them: January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd, April 2nd, May 2nd, June 2nd, July 2nd, August 2nd, September 2nd, October 2nd, November 2nd, December 2nd.
8. I am full of holes but I can still hold water. What am I? Answer: A sponge!
9. I’m not clothes but I cover your body; The more I’m used, the thinner I grow. What am I? Answer: Bar of soap.
10. I’m tall when I’m young and I’m short when I’m old. What am I? Answer: Candle or Pencil.
11. I’m white, and used for cutting and grinding. When I’m damaged, humans usually remove me or fill me. For most animals I am a useful tool. What am I? Answer: A tooth!
Classic Riddles With Answers
12. If a rooster laid a brown egg and a white egg, what kind of chicks would hatch? Answer: Roosters don’t lay eggs.
13. My life can be measured in hours, I serve by being devoured. Thin, I am quick. Fat, I am slow. Wind is my foe. What am I? Answer: I am a candle.
14. Poor people have it. Rich people need it. If you eat it you die. What is it? Answer: Nothing.
15. Railroad Crossing, look out for the cars. Can you spell that, without any R’s? Answer: That.
16. Re-arrange the letters, O O U S W T D N E J R, to spell just one word. What is it? Answer: ‘Just one word’.
17. Samuel was out for a walk when it started to rain. He did not have an umbrella and he wasn’t wearing a hat. His clothes were soaked, yet not a single hair on his head got wet. How could this happen? Answer: This man is bald!
18. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I? Answer: Footsteps.
19. Two fathers and two sons went fishing one day. They were there the whole day and only caught 3 fish. One father said, that is enough for all of us, we will have one each. How can this be possible? Answer: There was the father, his son, and his son’s son. This equals 2 fathers and 2 sons for a total of 3!
Read: Good Riddles for kids
20. What 5 letter word typed in all capital letters can be read the same upside down? Answer: SWIMS.
21. What 7 letter word is spelled the same way backward and forwards? Answer: Racecar.
22. What 8-letter word can have a letter taken away and it still makes a word. Take another letter away and it still makes a word. Keep on doing that until you have one letter left. What is the word? Answer: The word is starting! starting, staring, string, sting, sing, sin, in, I. Cool,huh?
Classic Riddles For Students With Answers
23. What can point in every direction but can’t reach the destination by itself? Answer: Your finger or a compass.
24. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years? Answer: The letter “m”.
25. What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs? Answer: A Penny.
26. What has many keys, but can’t even open a single door? Answer: A piano.
27. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away? Answer: Charcoal.
28. What is it that given one, you’ll have either two or none? Answer: A choice.
29. What is more useful when it is broken? Answer: An egg.
30. What travels around the world but stays in one spot? Answer: A stamp.
31. When can you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer? Answer: When you add two hours to eleven o’clock, you get one o’clock.
32. You have three stoves: a gas stove, a wood stove, and a coal stove, but only one match. Which should you light first? Answer: The match!
33. You live in a one story house made entirely of redwood. What color would the stairs be? Answer: What stairs? You live in a one-story house.