Do you want to start your blogging career? Today, WordPress.org and Blogger.com are the most popular blogging platforms to start blogging. Apart from this, there are many other blogging platforms, but, if you are a beginner blogger, then Blogger.com is the best platform for you. Because Blogger is a platform where you can get initial knowledge about blogging.
BlogSpot’s user interface is very simple, you can easily create a blog on BlogSpot. The most important thing is, you can create a blog for free on Blogger.com. Once you gather some experience in blogging, it will be easy for you to move to an advanced level.
- To know more about blogging read What is blogging.
- The best blogging platforms to create a blog.
You will get blogspot.com as a subdomain if you create a blog on BlogSpot for free. If you want to connect your own domain name, you need to buy a custom domain name.
In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to create a blog on Blogger for free. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to create your blog on BlogSpot for free.
Table of contents
What is Blogger?
Blogger is a self-publishing platform, where you can start a blogging career by creating a blog. It was built by the Co-founder of Pyra Labs and acquired by Google in 2003. It is now a Google product and is hosted by Google. You can also call it BlogSpot.
- Related reads: Know more about Blogger by reading BlogSpot Review.
What are the requirements to create a blog?
#1 Laptop/Desktop Computer or Smartphone: You can create a BlogSpot blog on mobile, but a laptop/Desktop computer would be best for blogging. In the initial days, you can use mobile, but in the future, you will have to use a laptop.
#2 Internet Connection: The Internet is most important for blogging. Nowadays mobile internet is working very fast. In the initial days, mobile internet will be right for you. When you enter the advanced level of blogging then you can use a Broadband connection for speed internet.
#3 Custom Domain Name: A domain name is the first requirement for blogging. On Blogspot, you will get a free domain name, which will be associated with the blogspot.com subdomain. If you want to use your own domain name, you have to buy it from the domain registrar.
- Know what is a domain name and How it works.
- A detailed guide on how to buy a domain name.
#4 Gmail Account: Without a Gmail Account, it is impossible to create a blog on Blogspot. If you have an account in Gmail, with the help of your it, you can log in to Blogspot. If you do not have a Gmail account, you will have to create a new account.
Step by step guide to create a free blog on BlogSpot
Follow the tutorial given below to create a blog on BlogSpot:
Step 1: Visit Blogger’s website blogger.com.
Step 2: Click on CREATE YOUR BLOG button.
It will take you to the Gmail Sign-in page. If you have a Gmail account, then sign in to continue to Blogger using your Gmail account. If you Don’t have an account, then create an account by clicking the Create Account button.
Step 3: Choose a Name for your blog and enter it in the title box. Then click NEXT.
Note: The name will be the title for your blog and it will be displayed at the top of your blog. You can choose your blog name up to 100 characters.
Step 4: Enter a web address on the box. Then click NEXT.
Note: It will be your blog’s web URL, that will be used to find your blog by people and search engines. Use your Blog name as your URL that was used as your title. Enter your title without any space.
Step 5: Enter your display name, click FINISH.
Note: The display name is the Author’s profile name that will be displayed to readers while reading your blog posts. You can enter your name as a display name or you can enter your blog’s name.
Now your free blog on BlogSpot is created. You can check the view of your blog by clicking the View blog button.
Now you can write articles on your blog. But before writing a blog post, you have to set up your blog. Because a well-set-up blog helps increase visibility on the search engine.
It is important to know about the blog dashboard before setting up the blog.
Blog Dashboard view
You are now on the Blogger’s Dashboard. This is the user area of your blog, where you will control your blog.
Overview of Blog Dashboard
You will find a lot of options on the Blogger Dashboard. for example:
- Your Blog Name: You will find your blog name here. If you want to create another blog or need to go to another created blog, you have to click on the arrow button on the side of your blog name.
- New Post: You can create a new post by clicking on the NEW POST button.
- Posts: You will get all the information about how many posts you have written, how much you have published, and how much is in the draft.
- Stats: You will get a detailed analysis of the web traffic of the blog by clicking on the Stats tab.
- Comments: In the comments section, you can able to manage the comments of your readers.
- Earnings: In the Earning section, You can connect your AdSense account to monetize your blog.
- Pages: In this section, you can create the necessary pages for your blog, manage those pages.
- Layout: In the Layout section, you can design your blog. Here you can add, remove and edit gadgets, change the look of your blog.
- Theme: In this section, you can change the theme of your blog. There are many pre-designed themes available on BlogSpot. You can choose one of those themes or you can add the third-party themes here.
- Settings: You will get many settings here to set up your blog properly.
- Reading List: It is like a community of bloggers, new articles from different blogs will be shown here which you have followed.
- View blog: You can see the look of your blog by clicking on View blog.
Related Reading: A Detailed overview of BlogSpot Dashboard Area
What to do after creating the blog on BlogSpot?
- After creating the blog you need to set up your blog. Just follow the paths to set up your blog.
- If you want to connect your custom domain name, then connect your domain name.
- Choose a perfect theme and install it.
- Customize and design your blog using blog layout and theme customization.
- Make necessary settings for your blog such as adding blog descriptions, choosing blog languages, custom setting to manage comments, adding robots.txt, etc.
- Create Google Analytics ID and connect it to your blog.
- Submit your blog to search engines like Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Yandex Webmaster.
- Write and publish blog posts for your blog.
- Share your blog posts to get traffic.
I hope, you liked the article, share the article with your closest one so that they can also learn to create a blog on BlogSpot.