Diablo 4 is one of the most anticipated games of 2023, and fans of the iconic action RPG series are eager to get their hands on the beta version that will be available soon. If you are one of them, you might be wondering how you can enjoy the game with your friends, especially if you prefer playing on a couch rather than online. In this blog post, we will explain everything you need to know about couch co-op in Diablo 4 beta, including how to access it, what are the benefits and limitations, and how it works with crossplay and cross-progression.
How to Access Couch Co-Op in Diablo 4 Beta
Couch co-op is a feature that allows you to play Diablo 4 beta with another player on the same screen using two controllers. This feature is only available on consoles (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S), and not on PC. To access couch co-op in Diablo 4 beta, you will need to do the following steps:
- Connect an extra controller to your console
- Have your friend join your game session using their own Battle.net account (they don’t need to have early access to the beta)
- Select “Couch Co-Op” from the main menu
- Enjoy slaying demons together!
What are the Benefits and Limitations of Couch Co-Op in Diablo 4 Beta
Couch co-op in Diablo 4 beta has some advantages and disadvantages compared to the online co-op. Here are some of them:
- You can play with your friend even if they don’t have early access to the beta or their own copy of the game
- You can share loot and items with your friend more easily
- You can gain bonus XP for playing together
- You can communicate better with your friend without using voice chat or text chat
- You can experience more immersion and fun by playing side by side
- You can only play with one other player on couch co-op (online co-op supports up to four players)
- You will have a smaller field of view due to the split-screen mode
- You will have less control over your camera angle and zoom level
- You will have less privacy and personalization for your character and inventory
- You will need a stable internet connection as couch co-op still requires online servers
How Couch Co-Op Works with Crossplay and Cross-progression in Diablo 4 Beta?
One of the best features of Diablo 4 is that it supports crossplay and cross-progression across all platforms. This means that you can play with anyone who has a Battle.net account regardless of their device, and you can also switch between devices without losing any progress. However, there are some things you need to know about how these features work with couch co-op in Diablo 4 beta:
Crossplay allows you to play online co-op with other players who use different platforms than yours. For example, if you play on PS5 and your friend plays on PC, you can still team up together online. However, crossplay does not work for couch co-op. This means that if you want to play couch co-op with someone who uses a different console than yours (for example, Xbox One vs PS5), you will not be able to do so.
Cross-progression allows you to continue your game progress on any device that supports Diablo 4 as long as you use the same Battle.net account. For example, if you start playing on PC and then switch to PS5 later, you will keep all your characters, items, levels, etc. However, cross-progression does not work for couch co-op either. This means that if you want to play couch co-op with someone who uses a different Battle.net account than yours (for example, your friend vs yourself), they will not be able to use their own characters or items.
Also read: Diablo 4 Beta: Everything You Need to Know