Check out here the list of some Dog riddles for kids with answers.
Dog Riddles [1 to 18]
1. Dogs have fleas. What do sheep have? Answer: Fleece
2. How does a dog stop a video? Answer: He presses the paws button
3. If six children and two dogs were under an umbrella, how come none of them got wet? Answer: Because it wasn’t raining.
4. To you, rude would I never be, Though I flag my tongue for all to see. Answer: A dog
5. What animal keeps the best time? Answer: A watch dog
Read: Duck Riddles
6. What did the dog say when he sat on sandpaper? Answer: Ruff
7. What do you call a dog that is left-handed? Answer: A south paw
8. What do you call a dog with no legs? Answer: It doesn’t matter what you call him, he’s not going to come.
9. What do you call a great dog detective? Answer: Sherlock Bones
10. What do you get if cross two young dogs with a pair of headphones? Answer: Hush puppies
11. What do you get if you cross a beagle with bread dough? Answer: Dog biscuits
12. A man is on one side of a river, his dog on the other. The man calls his dog, who immediately crossed the river without getting wet and without using a bridge or a boat. How did the dog do it? Answer: The river was frozen.
13. All of Mrs. Smith’s pets are dogs except one, and all her pets are cats except one. How many cats and dogs does she have? Answer: Mrs. Smith has one cat and one dog.
14. How can you tell the difference between dogs and trees? Answer: By their bark.
15. How does a dog stop the VCR? Answer: He uses the PAWS button.
16. How far can a dog run into the woods? Answer: Halfway, any farther and he would be running out of the woods.
17. If a dog is tied to a piece of rope that is 6m long, how can he reach a bone that is 7m away? Answer: The other end is not tied to anything.
18. Stranger: Does your dog bite? Farmer: Nope. All of a sudden the dog bites the stranger on the leg. Yet the farmer was telling the truth! How can this be? Answer: It was not the farmer’s dog!
Dog Riddles [19 to 35]
19. There are 10 dogs in a yard. 3 go out, 4 run behind a tree, and 2 jump in the hole. How many are left? Answer: 10. Because none of them left the yard.
20. To you, rude would I never be, Though I flag my tongue for all to see. What am I? Answer: A dog!
Read: Pet Riddles
21. Two dogs are sitting on a porch – a fat dog and a thin dog. The little dog is the son of the fat dog, but the fat dog is not the father of the thin dog. Can you explain? Answer: The fat dog is the mother.
22. Walk on the living, they don’t even mumble. Walk on the dead, they mutter and grumble. What are they? Answer: Fallen leaves.
23. What animal keeps the best time? Answer: A Watchdog.
24. What do you get when you cross a chicken and a chihuahua? Answer: Pooched eggs
25. What do you get when you cross a dog and a clock? Answer: Lots and lots of tics!
26. What happens after it rains cats and dogs? Answer: You step in a poodle.
27. What is more amazing than a talking dog? Answer: A spelling bee
28. What is the smallest sentence with all letters in the English alphabet? Answer: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
29. What kind of dog does Dracula have? Answer: A blood-hound.
30. What type of dog does a vampire have? Answer: A Bloodhound!
31. What type of dogs do scientists have? Answer: Laboratory retrievers.
32. What wears a coat all year round? Answer: A dog.
33. When is the worst weather for rats and mice? Answer: When it rains cats and dogs.
34. You’re never too old to learn. What is the contradictory proverb? Answer: You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
35. A dog had three puppies, named Mopsy, Topsy, and Spot. What was the mother’s name? Answer: What
Dog Riddles [36 to 53]
36. A dog leash is attached to a dog and is 3.2 meters long. A bone is 7.8 meters away from the dog. How does the dog get the bone? Answer: It simply walks to the bone!
37. Forward I am an animal, but backward I am one who no man can ever see. What am I? Answer: I am a dog.
38. Four hang, four sprang, two-point the way, two to ward off dogs, one dangles after, always rather dirty. What am I? Answer: A cow.
39. How can you say – “Robert and Richard Purchased A Rottweiler” without using any Rs? Answer: Bob and Dick bought a dog.
40. How do veterinarians swim laps? Answer: They dog paddle.
41. How do you put nine dogs in eight kennels? Answer: Eight kennels. “N”, “I”, “N”, “E”, “D”, “O”, “G”, “S”
42. I’m like a dog with the tail that wags and all but am not a dog. What am I? Answer: I am a puppy.
43. Name three things that? 1. Are red 2. Can swim 3. Give off heat Answer: Answers may vary. 1. Apples, Roses, Stop Signs 2. Fish, Dogs, Snakes 3. Sun, Fire, Your body
44. What animal keeps the best time? Answer: A Watchdog
45. What does a dog become when it walks from Britain to Spain? Answer: Perro.
46. What happens to the dog when it stands in front of the hot sun? Answer: It becomes a hotdog.
47. What would you name your dogs Rolex and Timex? Answer: If you needed some watchdogs!
48. When is a dog’s tail not a tail? Answer: When it’s a wagon.
49. Where should you put a noisy dog? Answer: In a barking lot!
50. Which has more tails? A. 1 Dog B. 2 Dogs C. 3 Dogs D. No Dog Answer: D. No Dog NO dog has more tails!
51. Why did the skeleton climb up the tree? Answer: Because the dog was after his bones.
52. Why don’t dogs make good dancers? Answer: Because they have two left feet.
53. Why was the dog kicked out of the flea circus? Answer: Because he stole the show!