Light is one of the most fundamental and beautiful elements in the universe. It has the power to guide us, illuminate our way, and reveal the world around us. Throughout history, many great thinkers, writers, and poets have been inspired by the wonder and mystery of light, and have captured its essence in their words. These Light Quotes not only offer profound insights and wisdom but also remind us of the importance of light in our lives and how it touches us in so many ways. Whether it’s the light of a new day, the light of love, or the light of knowledge, these quotes will inspire you to see the world in a new way and to find the light within yourself.
You can also read living achievement quotes and living in the present quotes.
Heartwarming Light Quotes
1. “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first and is waiting for it.” ― Terry Pratchett
2. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
3. “If there be light, then there is darkness; if cold, heat; if height, depth; if solid, fluid; if hard, soft; if rough, smooth; if calm, tempest; if prosperity, adversity; if life, death.” ― Pythagoras
4. “People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” ― Carl Jung
5. “There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.” ― Bram Stoker
6. “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett
7. “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” ― Plato
8. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
9. “Love is not consolation. It is light.” ― Simone Weil
10. “To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.” ― Roy T. Bennett
11. “When you light a candle, you also cast a shadow.” ― Ursula K. Le Guin
12. “When you get to the end of all the light you know and it’s time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.” ― Edward Teller
13. “If a man is to shed the light of the sun upon other men, he must, first of all, have it within himself.” ― Romain Rolland
14. “Shine your light and make a positive impact on the world; there is nothing so honorable as helping improve the lives of others.” ― Roy T. Bennett
15. “In Light there is Dark, and in Dark there is Light.” ― Kami Garcia
16. “The brighter the light, the deeper the shadow.” ― Jay Kristoff
17. “Too much of anything could destroy you, Simon thought. Too much darkness could kill, but too much light could blind.” ― Cassandra Clare
18. “After a lifetime of darkness, I want to leave something behind that is made of light.” ― Marie Lu
19. “There’s a sorrow and pain in everyone’s life, but every now and then there’s a ray of light that melts the loneliness in your heart and brings comfort like hot soup and a soft bed.” ― Hubert Selby Jr.
20. “You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world.” ― Oprah Winfrey
21. “Life throws challenges and every challenge comes with rainbows and lights to conquer it.” ― Amit Ray
22. “No one lights a lamp in order to hide it behind the door: the purpose of light is to create more light, to open people’s eyes, to reveal the marvels around.” ― Paulo Coelho
Image by Sasin Tipchai from Pixabay