Check out here the list of some hard riddles for kids with answers.
Are you looking for a fun and challenging way to exercise your brain and test your problem-solving skills? Look no further than our collection of hard riddles for kids, students, adults, and teens with answers! These brain teasers are designed to be challenging, but not impossible, and are suitable for anyone looking for a mental workout. From math puzzles to wordplay, these riddles are sure to keep you guessing and engaged, as you try to figure out each solution. Whether you’re a student looking to improve your critical thinking skills, an adult seeking a fun way to pass the time, or a teen looking for a brain-bending challenge, we’ve got you covered. So, gather your wits and get ready to solve some of the most challenging riddles out there. Are you up for the challenge?
Hard Riddles For Kids And Students
1. A barrel of water weighed 60 pounds. Someone put something in it and now it weighs 40 pounds. What did the person add? Answer: A hole.
2. A is the brother of B. B is the brother of C. C is the father of D. How is D related to A? Answer: A is D’s aunt.
3. Derek, Darren, and Dean all call Dennis their brother. Dennis is an only child. Who are we? Answer: Derek, Darren, Dean, and Dennis are all religious Monks.
4. How can the number four be half of five? Answer: IV, the Roman numeral for four, is half (two letters) of the word five.
5. How can you drop a glass onto a hard floor without smashing it? Answer: A glass won’t smash a hard floor!
Read: Anagrams for kids
6. How can you throw a ball as hard as you can only to have it come back to you without it bouncing off of anything? Answer: Throw the ball straight into the air.
7. How do eight eights add up to one thousand? Answer: 888 + 88 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 1000.
8. How many letters are in the alphabet? Answer: Eleven letters are in “the alphabet”.
9. How many words are in a Dictionary? Answer: Two. ‘A’ & ‘Dictionary’
10. I am laced twice in eternity and always within sight. What could I be? Answer: The letter “T”.
11. I am present at the beginning of love, the start of life and I am the end of evil. What am I? Answer: The letter ‘L’.
12. I am something people celebrate or resist. I change people’s thoughts and lives. I am obvious to some people but, to others, I am a mystery. What am I? Answer: Age.
13. I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I? Answer: Pencil lead.
14. I am the beginning of the end of time and space that surrounds everything and every place. What am I? Answer: The letter “E”.
15. I can be long or can be short, I can be black, white, brown, or purple. You can find me the world over and I am often the main feature. What am I? Answer: Rice.
16. I can heal and kill without touching you. What am I? Answer: Time.
Hardest Riddles With Answers
17. I get shorter as I get older. What am I? Answer: A candle.
18. I have a face and hands but my hands can never touch my face. What am I? Answer: A clock.
19. I have many faces, expressions, and emotions, and I am usually right at your fingertips. What am I? Answer: Emojis.
20. I possess a halo of water, walls of stone, and a tongue of wood. Long I have stood; what am I? Answer: Castle.
21. I sit above you without judging you and can protect you and keep you warm. What am I? Answer: A hat.
22. I’m full of holes but strong as steel. What am I? Answer: A chain.
23. If all Wibbles are Criggles, all Borkins are Kwumblins, no Hoggles are Borkins, and all Criggles are Borkins, is it true that all Borkins are Criggles? Answer: Nope.
24. If an electric train is moving north at 55 mph and the winds blowing east at 70 mph, which way does the smoke blow? Answer: An electric train doesn’t emit smoke.
25. Little Jimmy is Seven years old. I go everywhere with him. I cast no shadow and breathe no air. I don’t weigh anything and I can’t be seen, heard or touched. Who am I? Answer: Little Jimmy’s imaginary friend.
26. Nobody has ever walked this way. Which way is it? Answer: The Milky Way.
27. People in poverty have this. If you eat this you will die. What is it? Answer: Nothing.
28. The more there is, the less you see. What am I? Answer: Darkness.
29. There are 6 sisters. Each sister has 1 brother. How many brothers are in the sister’s family? Answer: 1 brother.
30. There are two fathers and two sons at a table but there are only three people sitting at the table. How is this possible? Answer: They are a Grandfather, Father and Son.
31. Three playing cards in a row. Can you name them with these clues? There is a two to the right of a king. A diamond will be found to the left of a spade. An ace is to the left of a heart. A heart is to the left of a spade. Now, identify all three cards. Answer: Ace of Diamonds, King of Hearts, Two of Spades.
32. Two fathers and two sons come home from the mall. Yet when they arrive home, only three people get out of the car. How is this possible? Answer: They are a grandfather, father, and son.
33. What can bring tears to your eyes, make you move faster, make you move slower and knock you over? Answer: The wind.
Short Tricky Riddles With Answers
34. What can cut like a knife, sting like a bee, bite like a lion. Carry truth and lies but never move or speak. What are we? Answer: Words.
35. What can run but never walk, have a mouth but never talk, have a head that never weeps, and a bed that never sleeps? Answer: A river.
36. What has fifteen diamonds but isn’t rich? Answer: A deck of cards.
37. What has leaves but no branches? Answer: A book.
38. What has roots that no one sees and looms much taller than trees? Up it goes but yet it never grows; what is it? Answer: Mountain.
39. What has wheels and flies? Answer: A garbage bin with wheels.
40. What is able to go up a chimney when down but unable to go down a chimney when up? Answer: An umbrella.
41. What is it that given one, you’ll have either two or none? Answer: A choice.
42. What is it that no one wants, but no one wants to lose? Answer: A lawsuit.
43. What is stronger than steel but can’t handle the sun? Answer: Ice.
44. What is there one of in every corner and two of in every room? Answer: The letter O.
45. When does 11 + 3 = 2? Answer: on a clock.
46. When is the only time that today and tomorrow come before yesterday? Answer: In a Dictionary.
47. Why is it that when you have lost something, it’s always in the last place you look? Answer: Because you stop looking when you find it.
48. You are in a room that is completely bricked in on all four sides, including the ceiling and floor. You have nothing but a mirror and a wooden table in the room with you. How do you get out? Answer: You look in the mirror you see what you saw, you take the saw and you cut the table in half, two halves make a whole, and you climb out the hole.
49. You are my brother, but I am not your brother. Who am I? Answer: I am your sister.
Hard riddles with answers for adults
50. What has a heart that doesn’t beat? Answer: An artichoke.
51. What is always in front of you but can’t be seen? Answer: The future.
52. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me. What am I? Answer: Fire.
53. What can you hold in your right hand but not in your left? Answer: Your left elbow.
54. I am taken from a mine and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost every person. What am I? Answer: A pencil lead.
55. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I? Answer: Footsteps.
56. I am an odd number. Take away a letter and I become even. What number am I? Answer: Seven (take away the “s” and it becomes “even”).
57. What goes through towns and over hills, but never moves? Answer: A road.
58. I am always hungry, I must always be fed. The finger I touch, will soon turn red. What am I? Answer: Fire.
59. I am not alive, but I can grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but I need water to live. What am I? Answer: A plant.
Hard riddles with answers that are perfect for teens
60. What is always in front of you but can’t be seen? Answer: The future
61. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but I need water to live. What am I? Answer: Fire
62. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I? Answer: Footsteps
63. What is so fragile that saying its name breaks it? Answer: Silence
64. I am not alive, but I can die. I don’t have wings, but I can fly. What am I? Answer: A balloon
65. I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have nobody, but I come alive with the wind. What am I? Answer: An echo
66. I am always hungry, I must always be fed. The finger I touch will soon turn red. What am I? Answer: Fire
67. What has a heart that doesn’t beat? Answer: An artichoke
68. What goes through cities and fields, but never moves? Answer: A road
69. What has a head and a tail, but no body? Answer: A coin.