Do you want to design your blog so that it looks like a professional blog site? In this article, we will give you an easy guide that will help you to make your blog a beautiful-looking site through the layout section.
If you want to give your blog a professional look, then you need to install a professional-looking blogger theme. You can design your blog according to the design of the installed theme.
So let’s see how you will change the design of your blog with the help of Blogger‘s layout.
How to change the design of your blogger blog using the layout section.
We have already downloaded and installed a Blogger theme. To design your installed theme follow the below steps:
- First, go to the Dashboard area of Blogger and click on Layout.
You will find a lot of gadgets according to the pre-design theme. You can add, edit or remove some of those gadgets.
#1 Change Header Logo
You can change the logo of your blog here.
- Click on the edit symbol on the right side of the Header Logo box.
- A pop-up box will open. If you found any old logo, click on Remove image.
- Choose your logo from your computer by clicking on Choose File.
- Choose the 2nd option located below, because you want to show a logo instead of your blog name.
If you do not want to use the logo:
- Enter your Blog title and description.
- Click on Save.
#2 Change Blog Menu
If you want to change the menu of your blog, follow the below guide:
- Click on the edit symbol on the right side of the Main Menu box.
- A pop-up box will open with some links.
- Delete all links
- Add your favorite links you want to show your visitors. Favorite links like Home, About, Contact, Sitemap, Special posts/category, etc.
- Arrange Your Menus
- Click Save.
#3 Main Blog Post Area
You can edit the main blog page area of your blog here.
- How many posts will you show on the main page
- The Author name of the blog
- Post published date
- No. of comments
- Related Posts
- Sharing button etc.
You can add some gadgets here in the sidebar to show some important information about you or about your blog to attract your visitors.
To add gadgets in the sidebar, Just click on Add Gadgets & add your favorite gadgets here.
Some important gadgets to add in the sidebar:
- About me
- Social Profiles of your blog
- Blog Categories
- Ads to monetize your blog
- Email Subscription
- Blog Search
- Popular posts from your blog
- Also, there are more gadgets are available on Blogger. You can add them by clicking on Add gadgets button.
#5 Footer area of your blog
- To add gadgets here, click on Add Gadgets button.
After the blog design, click on the Save button.
Want to read more?