What is Self Awareness? Why is this important in our life? How to recognize the lack of self-awareness and how to improve self-awareness in simple ways.
Table of contents
What is self awareness?
First, try to find out what is self-awareness. Self-awareness, if we divide it into 2 parts, one is “SELF” and the other is “AWARENESS”. “SELF” means ourselves, our soul, and “AWARENESS” is to awakening.
“Self-awareness” means to awaken oneself. The ability to focus on oneself. The ability to pay attention to one’s own actions, thoughts, or feelings is considered as self-awareness.
How to recognize lack of self-awareness?
Below are some of the signs in which you will know how to recognize the lack of self awareness.
1. Show off our progress:
When we achieve something or we have something precious, we want to show off to others. We should not do this. This is a sign of a lack of self-awareness.
2. Compromise ourselves:
When we try to achieve something, we do not get that thing quickly, at that time we compromise ourselves.
3. Laughing at the mistakes of others:
4. Copying others:
Sometimes we try to be like others, try to dress like them, try to make hairstyles like others, try to copy everything that we love in another person. This is also a sign of a lack of self-awareness.
5. Jealous of others:
Jealous of others is another main reason for lack of self-awareness. It is necessary that we do not envy others. Jealousy is something that makes trouble for us. It controls our minds. This is not right for us.
How to improve self-awareness?
Some important ways that will help to improve self-awareness.
1. Do not help unless needed:
Sometimes we go to help someone even when they are not needed. We do not have to help unless he needs help. It will help us to improve self-awareness.
2. Trusting yourself:
3. Do what you have to do today:
If we are planning to do something, then that work has to be done today. By doing this, our passion and desire to achieve remains intact and with the completion of this work, we get time to think about something new.
We need to know ourselves. What can we do, what are the things that we can do well, how to rectify the mistakes we have made? We should evaluate ourselves by asking these types of questions to our-self.
5. Control your words:
Sometimes we get angry and talk about whatever comes into our mouth. We should control our mouth and our words.
6. Do not reveal your secrets:
We all have some secrets. Those secrets may be good or bad. Whatever it may be, let our secrets remain secret. Other people can take advantage of it.
7. Sharing your knowledge:
If you share your knowledge, it will increase. Share what you know with everyone. It will increase your knowledge along with others.
8. Determining Your Limit:
Always set your limits. And stay within the same limit. How do we live with elders, how to live with youngers, how to live with friends, how to live with family, etc. We do not have the right to cross that limit.
Self Awareness Quotes to Improve self-awareness
- “A forced smile is a sign that feels wrong in your heart, so when it happens, try to identify it.” – Ashly Lorenzana
- “A strong man cannot help a weaker unless the weaker is willing to be helped.” – James Allen
- “When you become clear who you really are, you know what will be best for you.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Do not try to impress others at the cost of your progress.” – Gift Gugu Mona
- “Never compromise yourself.” – Janis Joplin
- “Every human has these four things: self-awareness, prudence, free will, and creative imagination. It gives us our freedom.” – Stephen Covey
- “The thing that irritates us about others can help us to understand ourselves and move forward.” – Carl Gustav Jung
- “Fear is something that can make our soul aware and taken to a higher level.” – Don DeLillo
- “I am not a bird. I am an independent person with free will.” – Charlotte Brontë
- “Try to find yourself. Understand who you are.” – Dolly Parton
- “I am who I am. Not less than anyone, not more than anyone.” – Terry Goodkind
- “I do not believe in making the right decision, I make the decision and make it right.” – Muhammad Ali Jinnah
- “What I want to learn, I have to learn today, tomorrow I have to use it.” – Manoranjan Sahoo
- “If you do not have control over your mouth, you cannot control your future.” – Germany Kent
- “If we cannot laugh at ourselves, we do not have the right to laugh at others.” – C.H. Hamel
- “If you know about yourself who you are and what you are doing. So you can understand others, and influence those around you.” – Oscar Auliq-Ice
- “If you do not know your limits, you cannot cross them.” – Asuni LadyZeal
- “It is good to know about the enemy. It would be better to know yourself first.” – Max Hawthorne
- “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
- “Kindness is a courtesy, it is not a weakness or a requirement.” – unknown
- “If you are jealous of someone then it means you do not approve of the truth yourself.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
- “Life is about choices and those choices create experiences, and from those experiences, we learn valuable lessons.” – Heather Bennett
- “Knowing ourselves is the beginning of all transformation. About ourselves. About our relationships. About our world.” – Nicola Jane Hobbs
- “Life is not about overcoming your fears and moving forward, it’s about loving embracing those fears, and moving forward together.” – MM van der Reijden
- “If you look outside you will see yourself. If you look inside you will find yourself.” – Drew Gerald
- “Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides.” – André Malraux
- “Try to know yourself. When we get to know ourselves, we learn how to take care of ourselves.” – Socrates
- “It’s the most miserable thing that the person who tries to be someone else other than himself.” – Asmaa Dokmak
- “Nobody knows your truth except you. If your truth is secure in yourself, no one and nothing can touch you.” – Brittany Burgunder
- “Now I know very well what success is. Living in your truth and sharing it.” – Kamal Ravikant
- “Once you’ve recognized your own limits, you have raised yourself to a higher level. Because you are very close to the reality of you.” – Banana Yoshimoto
- “Only you can take your inner freedom away from yourself, or you can give it to yourself. Nobody else can do this.” – Michael A. Singer
- “Want to control yourself? Start telling yourself: “not now” “not today” “not this” “no more”.” – Manoranjan Sahoo
- “People who live an unexamined life they write boring stories.” – Jessica Lourey
- “When you focus on what you already know, you keep creating the same reality.” – Jeanne McElvaney
- “When you know the deep truth behind your pretense, it is useless to make excuses.” – Krizha Mae G. Abia
- “Raise your awareness and share your uniqueness with the world.” – Amit Ray
- “Be true to yourself, you will find a better version of you.” – James Hilton
- “The most important thing to be a champion is self-awareness.” – Billie Jean King
- “Self-awareness is a golden key to making life-changing decisions and sticking to it.” – Dr. Prem Jagyasi
- “Self-awareness teaches us where we have come from and where we will go.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
- “Sometimes I feel like someone is playing with my life. But I realize that it’s me who is playing with myself.” – Robert Black
- “Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness; He does not care anything about what others say.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Tell your truth when your audience does not understand.” – Sahndra Fon Dufe
- “The best criticism is self-criticism. It helps to improve yourself.” – Amit Abraham
- “The first and most important person you can trust is yourself.” – Toni Sorenson
- “The biggest thing in the world is how to know yourself.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “The more you try to make people happy, the more they will try to control you and in the end, you will hurt yourself.” – Chanda Kaushik
- “The only person who can pull me down is myself. I will not pull myself down.” – C. JoyBell C.
- “The reality of life does not change who you are, it only changes your perspective.” – Morgan Chabane
- “There comes a time when you look at yourself in the mirror and you realize what you are. Then you accept it, or you end yourself, or you stop looking in the mirror.” – Tennessee Williams
- “There is wisdom in knowing what you can do and what not.” – Lidia Longorio
- “Through others, we come to know ourselves.” – Lev S. Vygotsky
- “Time is the truest test of truth. You give your best and let the time testify to it.” – Sahndra Fon Dufe
- “To increase your self-confidence, develop your mind constantly.” – Asmaa Dokmak
- “Treat your first chance as it is your last chance, because it may be your only chance.” – Victoira Addino
- “Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it destiny.” – C.G. Jung
- “We each have one life, and we are entitled to live it on our own terms.” – Fatima Mohammed
- “When I discover who I am, I will be free.” – Ralph Ellison
- “What you keep thinking in your mind, it moves your life forward.” – Kemi Sogunle
- “When you understand the hidden dimension of your humanity, you can empower yourself to accelerate your evolution.” – Panache Desai
- “Whenever I am in a difficult situation where there seems to be no way out, I think all the time and say to myself that I am in a situation that I was in before, so I face it again.” – Idowu Koyenikan
- “When you are different, sometimes you do not see the millions of people who accept you for what you are.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Whenever you are depressed or feeling down – just give yourself a little time and remember who you are. Nobody can play with you. You are strong. You are awesome.” – Shaneika Marie
- “Whenever you are about to find fault with someone, ask yourself these questions: what is his fault, which I am going to criticize, have I made that mistake before?” – Marcus Aurelius
- “You have The Power to Be anything you want with your focus and determination.” – Heather Bennett
- “It is useless for us to truly live without awareness.” – James F. T. Bugental
- “You are the authority of your own destiny in this world.” – Seth Czerepak
- “You will be what you believe in and you think you are.” – Lidia Longorio
- “You cannot get away from yourself by going from one place to another.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “There is no need to tell anyone who you are or what you are. You know very well what you are.” – John Lennon
- “You can enjoy my pain as long as I am under your will. But this is not the end of it. My time will come and I will be free.” – Mitta Xinindlu
- “When you make your MIND more valuable than your SELF, it becomes a reason for your unhappiness.” – Ramana Pemmaraju
- “You do not need to know what is going on in other people’s life, you need to know what is going on in your life.” – Sahndra Fon Dufe
- “Your vision will be clear only when you look into your heart. Those who look outside, they dream. Those who look inside, wake up.” – C.G. Jung
- “When you accept yourself, you are good as you are, then you will move forward.” – Carl R. Rogers
- “Whoever is able to make you angry can control you.” – Lamine Pearlheart
- “Taking care of others is very easy. But taking care of yourself is the hardest job.” – Charity Shumway
- “You are worth more than gold.” – Britt Nicole
- “Be proud of what you do and let the quality of your work be your signature.” – Unknown
- “Self-awareness is powerful when you understand the knowledge and apply it. Then it can be known as true wisdom.” – Martin R. Lemieux
- “Discover the truth about who you are, then you can love yourself and take care of yourself.” – Vironika Tugaleva
- “Respect yourself. Because you cannot find someone to respect you. And you do not want someone to disrespect you.” – Turcois Ominek
Learning Point to Improve self-Awareness
What did we learn from this after reading Self Awareness Quotes what are the ways to improve self-awareness?
- Do not help anyone unless they needed it.
- Do not show off your progress to other people.
- Never compromise with yourself.
- We should learn something from others but never copy them.
- The fear within us helps us to win.
- Do what you have to do today. tomorrow we have to learn something new.
- Never laugh at the mistakes of others.
- Try to identify yourself first. You will easily understand the world.
- You must learn to control your words.
- You should determine your limits.
- Don’t be jealous. This only increases our own problem.
- Do not share your secrets with anyone.
- If something is going wrong in our life, then we are responsible for it.
- When the opportunity comes, it is to be used properly.
- To free oneself from someone, one must first identify oneself.
- We should listen to our heart more than our mind.
Thanks for reading. If you like these self-awareness quotes, then please share it on your social media, with your friends.
Want to read these Self awareness quotes in Hindi? Read in Aap Bhi Jaano.
You may like: