Here is the list of some best music trivia questions and answers for you to test your knowledge about music.
Music Trivia Questions With Answers
1. According to Huey Lewis, ‘I want a new ____________’. Answer: drug.
2. Frank Zappa sang ‘Valley Girl’ with the help of his daughter. What is her name? Answer: Moon Unit.
3. In David Bowie’s ‘Let’s Dance’, he urges ,’…put on your ________ shoes and dance the blues….’ Answer: red.
4. In the Stray Cats song, she’s sexy and.. how old? Answer: 17.
5. In the video for ‘Time After Time’, where do Cyndi Lauper and her boyfriend live? Answer: a trailer.
Also get: Movie Trivia With Answers
6. What is Sting’s real name? Answer: Gordon Sumner & Gordon Summer.
7. Which ‘I Think We’re Alone Now’ singer gained recognition by performing at shopping malls? Answer: Tiffany.
8. Who sang “Always On My Mind”, “In The Ghetto”, and “Suspicious Minds”? Answer: Elvis Presley.
9. Who sang “Angels”, “Strong”, and “Millennium”? Answer: Robbie Williams.
10. Who sang “Da Ya Think I’m Sexy”, “Sailing”, and “Have I Told You Lately”? Answer: Rod Stewart.
11. Who sang “Everything I Do (I Do It For You)”, “Please Forgive Me”, and “Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman”? Answer: Bryan Adams.
12. Who sang “I Believe I Can Fly”, “Gotham City”, and “If I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time”? Answer: R. Kelly
13. Who sang “I’d Lie For You”, “Rock N’Roll Dreams Come Through”, and “I’d Do Anything For Love”? Answer: Meat Loaf.
14. Who sang “My Father’s Eyes”, “Wonderful Tonight”, and “Tears In Heaven”? Answer: Eric Clapton.
15. Who sang “One More Night”, “Both Sides Of The Story”, and “Another Day In Paradise”? Answer: Phil Collins.
16. Who sang “Thriller”, “Billie Jean”, and “Beat It”? Answer: Michael Jackson & Jackson.
17. Whose hits included,’Everlasting Love’, ‘What is Love?’, and ‘Things Can Only Get Better’? Answer: Howard Jones.
18. Before Bleachers and fun., Jack Antonoff fronted what band? Answer: Steel Train
19. Finish this ‘Dead or Alive’ lyric,’You spin me right round baby right round, like a ____________ baby, right round, round round.’ Answer: record & Record.
20. In the Violent Femmes song ‘Kiss Off’, he takes ‘one cuz you left me…’. Why does he take eight? Answer: he forgets.
21. The song ‘Hazy Shade of Winter’, recorded by the Bangles, was included on which movie soundtrack? Answer: Less Than Zero.
22. What Canadian guy with a younger brother Dave sings ‘Pilot’? Answer: Ian Thomas.
23. What pop star wrote songs for Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears and Alice Cooper? Answer: Kesha
24. What was Freddie Mercury‘s real name? Answer: Farrokh Bulsara
25. Which 80’s band’s members were named Simon, Nick, John, Andy and Roger? Answer: Duran Duran.
26. Which member of the Avengers had a brief stint as a pop star? Answer: Brie Larson
27. Which Member of the Go-Gos released an album titled ‘Fur’ with the forgettable single ‘Rush Hour’? Answer: Jane Wiedlin.
28. Who joined Michael Jackson on vocals in the song ‘Say Say Say’? Answer: Paul McCartney.
Best Music Trivia Quiz
29. Who sang “Let Her Cry”? They were a group from Columbia, South Carolina. Answer: Hootie and the Blowfish.
30. Who sings ‘Six Months in a Leaky Boat’? Answer: Split Enz.
31. Who sings ‘Slip Sliding Away’? Answer: Paul Simon.
32. Who sings ‘Two tickets to Paradise’? Answer: Eddie Money.
33. Who sings “Lonesome Loser”? Answer: Little River Band.
34. Who was the very first American Idol winner? Answer: Kelly Clarkson
35. “The Day the Music Died” refers to the tragic deaths of which artists? Answer: Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper
36. Art Garfunkel initially declined to sing one of Simon & Garfunkel’s biggest hits solo. Which song is it? Answer: “Bridge Over Troubled Water”
37. Before Miley Cyrus recorded “Wrecking Ball,” it was offered to which singer? Answer: Beyoncé
38. Believe it or not, Jimi Hendrix only had one Top 40 hit. Which song was it? Answer: “All Along the Watchtower”
39. David Crosby says who is the best singer of all time? Answer: Bonnie Raitt
40. Keith Moon and John Entwistle of The Who are said to have inspired the name of which other classic rock band? Answer: Led Zeppelin
41. Missy Elliott references what infamous celebrity couple in “Let Me Fix My Weave?” Answer: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez
42. Prince introduced his iconic symbol on the cover of which single? Answer: “1999”
43. Van Halen famously banned what color M&Ms in their rider? Answer: Brown
44. What book do The Police reference in “Don’t Stand So Close to Me?” Answer: Lolita
45. What did Stevie Ray Vaughan name of his most beloved guitar? Answer: Jimbo
46. What other legendary vocalist is a cousin of Whitney Houston? Answer: Dionne Warwick
47. What rock icon was the founder of The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Long-haired Men? Answer: David Bowie
48. What singer is known as “The Vocal Bible?” Answer: Brandy
49. What video beat “Thriller” for Video of the Year at the first-ever MTV Video Music Awards? Answer: The Cars, “You Might Think”
50. What was Elvis Presley‘s first No. 1 hit in the United States? Answer: “Heartbreak Hotel”
51. Where was Tupac Shakur born? Answer: East Harlem, New York
52. Which artist’s entire 1985 Live Aid set consisted of just a single cover song? Answer: Elvis Costello
53. Which classical composer was deaf? Answer: Ludwig van Beethoven
54. Which rockstars were known as “The Terror Twins?” Answer: Steve Clark and Phil Collen of Def Leppard
55. Who is the only country artist to have a Top 20 hit on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for six straight decades? Answer: Dolly Parton
56. Who was the first woman to have four country albums reach No. 1 on the Billboard 200? Answer: Carrie Underwood