The National Board of Examinations (NBE) is in charge of the exam for postgraduate medical courses called the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Postgraduate (NEET-PG). The exam is for people who want to study to become doctors and surgeons. The application forms for the 2023 exam were released on January 7th. The exam date is March 5th and the admit card will be available on February 27th. The exam will be on a computer and you will have to answer 200 questions in 3 hours and 30 minutes. You will get 4 points for each right answer and lose 1 point for each wrong answer. The results will be announced by March 31st and those who pass will be able to take part in the counseling. The counseling will determine which school and program you can attend. This year, the deadline for completing an internship has been extended to August 11, 2023. The counseling will be done by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) and will include 4 rounds. After the counseling, the NBE will release the scores and the MCC will grant admission based on the scores, the student’s choices, and seat availability.
Latest News on NEET PG 2023 Exam
The government is warning people about a fake notice about the NEET PG 2023 exam dates. This notice says the exam will be held on May 21, 2023, and the dates for submitting the forms will change. But the government says this notice is not true and is fake. They advise people to only check the official website of NBE for updates and not to believe any other sources. The real exam date is still March 5, 2023, and the admit card will be released on February 27th.
What do NEET PG 2023 students demand?
Candidates taking the NEET PG 2023 exam want it to be delayed by a few weeks because their internship schedule doesn’t allow them to complete the exam quickly. The national board of examination has set the exam date and increased the internship time. Many counselors and experts are backing the students to extend the exam time. This is due to the ongoing Covid situation, causing delays in exams every year. The exam was supposed to be held in January but was postponed last year because doctors were busy treating Covid patients.
What is the official decision regarding the NEET PG 2023 exam?
The NEET exam will still happen as planned and no delay has been announced, according to the official information posted on their website.
NEET PG 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate|
|Short Name||NEET PG|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||4250/-|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online / Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
NEET PG 2023 Important Dates
|Reopening of Application form||09 Feb 2023 – 12 Feb 2023|
|Correction window – Start Date||15 Feb 2023|
|Correction window – Final Date||18 Feb 2023 – 20 Feb 2023|
|Issue of admit card||27 Feb 2023|
|NEET PG exam date||05 Mar 2023|
|Declaration of result||31 Mar 2023|
|Internship completion date||11 Aug 2023|
NEET PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Requirements to take the NBE NEET PG 2023 exam:
- A valid MBBS degree from a recognized institution (by MCI).
- Proof of completing rotatory internship by August 11, 2023.
- Medical registration certificate from MCI or a State Medical Council.
- Note for candidates from Jammu & Kashmir: only those nominated by the Government of India for central pool seats are eligible for All India 50% quota seats, with an affidavit to confirm this.
- Candidates with MBBS degrees from outside India must pass the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE).
NEET PG 2023 Application Fees
|General, EWS, OBC||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 4250|
|SC, ST||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 3250|
|General, SC, ST, OBC||PWD||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 3250|
How to Apply for NEET 2023?
- Mode of Application: Online
- Mode of Payment:
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
Steps to Fill the NEET 2023 Application Form:
- Go to nbe.edu.in and click on the NEET PG 2023 tab
- Click on the ‘new registration’ tab and enter the required information.
- You will receive your user ID and password via SMS and Email.
- Fill out the application form with your personal and qualification details, test center preferences, and SMC/MCI registration information.
- Upload a passport-sized photo and signature in JPG/JPEG format (maximum 80 Kb each).
- Choose your test city.
- Make a payment using a debit/credit card or net banking.
- Take a printout of the application form with the transaction ID.
Note: Your test city will be confirmed after the payment is successful.
NEET PG Correction Window 2023:
During the correction window, you can edit the following details in your NEET PG 2023 application form:
- Date of Birth
- Physical Disability Status
- EWS status
Details that Cannot be Corrected:
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Testing City
Email: [email protected]
Toll-Free Helpdesk: 1800 267 4003
Note: When contacting, provide your name, application ID, correspondence address, and mobile number.
Tips for Preparing for NEET PG 2023:
- Start studying the syllabus early.
- Focus on clinical concepts first.
- Study all topics, including those with less weight.
- Practice with the previous year’s NEET PG questions.
- Take mock tests for NEET PG 2023.
- Stay relaxed and stress-free.
NEET PG exam pattern 2023
|Mode of NEET PG 2023 exam||Computer-based Test|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Medium of the Question paper||English|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|NEET PG 2023 marking scheme||Correct Answer: +4 marks, Incorrect Answer: – 1 marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
Documents Required at Exam:
- NEET PG Admit Card with a recent passport-sized photo attached
- Valid photo ID (options include: PAN, Aadhaar, Driver’s License, Passport, or Voter ID)
- Photocopy of State Medical Council/Medical Council of India Registration (Provisional or Permanent)
- Original screening test pass certificate from NBE for Indian/OCI citizens who got their medical degree outside India
- E-Aadhaar cardholders need to make sure their photo is clear and matches their current appearance at the time of the exam.
Also read: How to Download CBSE 2023 Admit Card?
Image by ASphotofamily on Freepik