Have you ever met someone new and found yourself struggling to find common ground or start a conversation? It’s a common dilemma that many of us face, especially when trying to get to know someone better. The good news is that asking the right questions can be a great way to break the ice and learn more about a person. In this blog post, we’ll be exploring a list of questions that will help you get to know someone on a deeper level. Whether you’re meeting a new colleague, a potential friend, or even a romantic interest, these questions will help you unlock meaningful conversations and establish a strong connection. So, let’s get started!
Questions that will help you get to know someone
1. If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?
2. What drives you to work hard?
3. Which mode of public transportation do you prefer: air, boat, train, bus, car, or something else?
4. What is the most spontaneous thing you have done recently?
5. What are the two radio stations that you listen to the most while in the car?
6. If you could hire someone to assist you, would it be for cleaning, cooking, or yard work?
7. Would you prefer to vacation in Mexico or Alaska, and why?
8. What do you enjoy most about your career?
9. If you could reside anywhere in the world, where would it be?
10. Who is your personal hero?
11. What is the proudest accomplishment of one of your family members?
12. What is your favorite book to read?
13. What are your hobbies?
14. What is your greatest fear?
15. If you could do anything for a day, what would it be?
16. What is the best gift you have ever received?
17. What really gets you angry?
18. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
19. Would you rather win the lottery or have the perfect job, and why?
20. Have you ever had a nickname, and if so, what was it?
21. What would you do if you won the lottery?
22. Do you like surprises, or do you dislike them, and why?
23. Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car?
24. In the evening, would you prefer to play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read?
25. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play?
26. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
27. Who is your favorite author?
28. What was your favorite family vacation?
29. What is your primary complaint about your job?
30. Which chore would you prefer: washing dishes, mowing the lawn, cleaning the bathroom, or vacuuming the house?
31. What is your proudest achievement?
32. What is your favorite animal to see at the zoo?
33. What makes you laugh the most?
34. If you were stranded on a deserted island, who would you want to be with?
35. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
36. If you could have dinner with any four individuals, dead or alive, who would they be?
37. How many pillows do you typically sleep with?
38. What is the longest amount of time you have gone without sleep, and why?
39. What is the tallest building you have been to the top of?
40. What was the last movie you watched, and what did you think of it?
41. What did you aspire to be when you were younger?
42. Where do you see yourself in five years?
43. If you were a superhero, what superpowers would you have?
44. If money was no issue, how would you spend your day?
45. If you could travel back in time, what year would you choose to visit?
46. What are two things that annoy you?
47. Besides necessities, what is the one thing you couldn’t go a day without?
48. How would your friends describe you?
49. What song would you choose to sing at karaoke night?
50. What is the worst gift you have ever received?
51. Which emoji do you use the most?
52. What are your top three favorite TV shows of all time?
53. Which fictional character do you most identify with?
54. Have you ever had a supernatural experience, such as seeing a ghost?
55. What does your ideal vacation look like?
56. Have you ever been the cause of heartbreak?
57. Would you consider moving for love?
58. What was your childhood dream career?
59. What type of parent do you envision yourself being?
60. Do you make judgments based on appearance?
61. What is your biggest life regret?
62. Who do you confide in the most?
63. What is your perfect weekend?
64. Are you more religious or spiritual?
65. Would you adopt your partner’s religion?
66. Do you believe in giving someone a second chance?
67. What have you learned from your biggest mistake in life?
68. Where is your favorite place to travel to?
69. What did your past relationship teach you?
70. What is your life philosophy?
71. What are your top five favorite movies and why?
72. How would you handle your parents disliking your partner?
73. What is your all-time favorite book/movie and why?
74. When have you experienced the biggest rush of adrenaline?
75. Why did your previous relationship come to an end?
76. Do you shy away from confrontation?
77. Do you maintain friendships with ex-partners?
78. Do you believe in the concept of karma?
79. If you could experience being a woman for one day, what would you do?
80. What’s the best advice someone has given you?
81. What’s something you recently learned that you should have already known?
82. What food did you eat often as a child but dislike now?
83. If you were an action figure, what accessories would you come with?
84. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done for love?
85. Do you prefer to be warmed up when you’re cold or cooled down when you’re hot?
86. What snack do you enjoy eating the most?
87. Is flirting considered cheating?
88. If given $15,000 to make people happy, what would you do?
89. What cultural trend would you like to see make a comeback?
90. What do you look forward to when getting older?
91. What things will be considered antiques in a century?
92. What’s the best prank you’ve seen or pulled off?
93. What’s a weird smell that you enjoy?
94. What would you do if you inherited a private jet?
95. What’s something you wish you could relive in your lifetime?
96. What innocent mistake caused a big consequence?
97. Have you ever let your boyfriend buy clothes for you?
98. What’s a weird experience you recommend trying once?
99. What country do you know very little about?
100. What are you most thankful for?
101. What’s the worst thing to put in a piñata?
102. Would you go through your boyfriend’s phone if given the chance?
103. What’s something humans have accepted as normal but doesn’t have to be?
104. If you could hear what people say about you, good or bad, which would you choose?
105. What do people assume about you just by looking at you?
106. What accomplishment gave you the most satisfaction in life?
107. What’s the best prank gift you’ve seen or received?
108. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
109. What would you do if your parents didn’t like your partner?
110. If you had to make a new dance move, what would it be and what would you call it?
111. What’s your story?
112. What do you wish you had more time for?
113. What masculine activity do you enjoy doing?
114. What life stats would you like to see if everything was quantified?
115. What do you wish you knew when you were younger?
116. What options would appear if you could “right-click” people?
117. What’s your ideal meal?
118. What songs can you sing by hearing only two words?
119. Who do you make happy?
120. What’s the most unpleasant-sounding word?