Get here some best Sam Houston Quotes about education, leadership, and civil war for motivation.
Best Sam Houston Quotes
1. Remember that whatever may be said by a lady or her friends, it is not part of the conduct of a gallant or generous man to take up arms against a woman.
2. The benefits of education and of useful knowledge, generally diffused through a community, are essential to the preservation of a free government.
3. A leader is someone who helps improve the lives of other people or improve the system they live under.
4. Union can achieve everything when sustained by gallant hearts and correct principles, while anarchy and insubordination must fail in achieving everything beneficial and glorious to mankind.
5. I would give no thought of what the world might say of me if I could only transmit to posterity the reputation of an honest man.
Also get: Best Albert Einstein Quotes
6. We view ourselves on the eve of battle. We are nerved about the conquest and must conquer or perish. It is vain to look for present aid: None is at hand. We must now act or abandon all hope!
7. Nothing can be better calculated to advance our interests and character than the establishment of a liberal and disinterested policy, enlightened by patriotism and guided by wisdom.
8. I am aware that in presenting myself as the advocate of the Indians and their rights, I shall stand very much alone.
Know more about him.
9. Diversified interests must exist in every community, and the system which is best calculated to promote the general interest is the one that should be adopted and adhered to with fidelity.
10. Brandy is the great cause of destruction for the aborigines of America.
11. Nothing can conduce more to the order and stability of a government than the simplicity of the laws, the proper definition of rights, and their impartial and consistent administration.
12. All new states are invested, more or less, by a class of noisy, second-rate men who are always in favor of rash and extreme measures, but such men absolutely overran Texas.
13. The soldier who gropes for glory must submit himself to discipline. Subordination gives strength and security to an army. He that will not submit to it when corrected and improved by the experience of ages does not deserve the proud appellation of a soldier.
14. Our people are going to war to perpetuate slavery, but the war will be its death knell.
15. I preferred measuring deer tracks to tape – that I liked the wild liberty of the Red men better than the tyranny of my brothers.