You want to register a domain name for your blog, but don’t know what to do before getting a domain. Don’t worry. In this article, I will share 6 quick tips with you to know before buying a Domain Name for your website or blog.
When you go to start a blog or website, a domain name plays an important role. Without a domain, your website has no value.
The domain name is the identity of your website. Just like no one can recognize you without your name, in the same way, no one can identify a website without a domain name.
So, where to buy a domain name?
To buy a domain name you will find many domain registrars on the Internet. But, the best domain registrars are:
- GoDaddy: The largest domain registrar in the world
- Namecheap: The best and cheapest domain provider
- Domain.com: The domain registrar with a powerful management system
- Bluehost: Provides free domain name for 1 year with web hosting
- Hostinger: Cheapest web hosting provider with a free domain name for 1 year
But, before registering a domain you have to focus on a few things. Through the below table of content, you will know what are the quick tips you need to follow before buying a domain name.
Tips to know before buying a domain name
- What is a domain name?
- Choose a catchy domain name
- Check your domain name availability
- Use Domain generator tools to generate domain name ideas
- Know about the cost of your domain
- Know about the protection of your domain
1. What is a domain name?
A domain name is a name used to identify a particular website with a domain extension.
It is used instead of an IP address of a website. The IP address is a numeric series like 234.38.764.98, which is very difficult to remember and identify a particular website.
There are millions of websites on the Internet. Some of the websites we use in our day-to-day life.
It is very difficult to remember the IP address of all websites. To solve this problem, the domain is used instead of the IP address.
With the help of the domain name we can able to remember thousands of websites, we can identify a website.
We have already written an article about what is a domain name, read to understand it properly.
2. Choose a catchy domain name
When you start to build a website, it is important to have a domain name. To choose the right domain you have to focus on a few things.
- Choose a domain name that is not too long. The length of a domain name must be within two or three words. It is a bit difficult for users to remember domain names because of the lengthy domain.
- The domain name must be simple. It allows users to spell easily, remember it easily, and type it in a web browser easily.
- Do not try to copy someone else.
- The domain name should be unique, which will help you build your brand.
Click this article, you will get complete information about domain name selection.
3. Check your domain name availability
You can choose a catchy domain name for your website by keeping the above tips in your mind. The next step is to check your domain name availability.
Is it necessary to check domain name availability?
Yes, it is necessary to check domain name availability. Because there are more than 1.7 billion websites on the Internet, and more than 360 million domain names have been registered.
It is important to find out whether your preferred domain name is currently available at the domain registrar or not.
If your domain name is still available then you can buy, if not available then there is nothing to worry about.
You can get a better domain name with the help of domain generator tools.
Read this article to get information on domain name availability.
4. Use domain generator tools to generate a catchy domain
If you are not getting your preferred domain at the domain registrar, you can find a better domain with the help of the Domain Generator tool.
The domain generator tool is also called the domain suggestion tool. This tool generates a lot of domain ideas for you by combining your keyword with different words.
On the Internet, you will find many domain generator tools. But, Name Mesh is a well-known domain generator tool. It will give you excellent domain ideas.
Read this article if you want to get more information about the Domain Name Generator tools.
5. Know about the cost of your domain
The cost of the domain name depends on the different domain extensions. Domain extensions are also called top-level domains. Such as .com, .org, .net, .in, .tips etc.
.com is the most popular, most used top-level domain.
You will get different costs for domain extensions at different domain registrars.
Therefore, you have to find a domain registrar in which you can get your domain name at a cheap price.
We are suggesting here the 5 best domain registrars. These are GoDaddy, Namecheap, Domain.com, Bluehost, Hostinger.
While buying, if you find that your domain name is premium, then you need to choose a different domain. Because the cost of the premium domain is very high.
6. Know about the protection of your domain
Protection of domain privacy is very important.
When you buy a domain name from a domain registrar, you have to share your personal data in the billing form. Personal data such as your address, e-mail, mobile number, etc. In the domain registrar, it is called WHOIS.
It is important to keep this “WHOIS” safe. Protection of WHOIS is called WHOIS Protection or Domain Privacy Protection.
If it is not secured, someone can steal it. You may receive spam emails, spam messages, spam calls, or your website may be hacked.
Many domain registrars providing domain privacy protection for free, and many charges an extra cost for it.
It is important to pay attention to the above tips before buying a domain. Because the right domain may become an identity for you and your website.
Want to read more about the domain?
- What is a domain name?
- How to choose a domain name?
- Best domain registrars
- What is a premium domain?
- Best domain generator tools
- Find your domain availability