People are doing many useless tasks every day without being aware of their futility. And sometimes it gives entertainment. Get here the list of some useless facts.
1 to 16 Useless Facts
1. A giraffe can go longer without water than a camel can.
2. Dolphins give each other names.
3. Edgar Allan Poe married his thirteen-year-old cousin.
4. 3.6 cans of Spam are consumed each second.
5. Frank Sinatra was offered the starring role in Die Hard when he was in his 70s.
6. In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world’s nuclear weapons combined.
Read: Hazel Eyes Facts
7. Most pandas in the world are on loan from China.
8. Mulan has the highest kill-count of any Disney character.
9. On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
10. One man set a world record by putting on 260 T-shirts at once.
11. Oreo has made enough cookies to span five back and forth trips to the moon.
12. Pogonophobia is the fear of beards.
13. Pope John Paul II was an honorary Harlem Globetrotter.
14. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
15. Salt used to be a currency.
16. Sloths can hold their breath for longer than dolphins.
17 to 32 Useless Facts
17. The average American looks at eight houses before buying one.
18. The real name of Monopoly mascot Uncle Pennybags is Milburn Pennybags.
19. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
20. Your fingernails grow faster on your dominant hand.
21. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
22. A frigate bird can sleep while it flies.
23. A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
24. A pig’s orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
25. A snail can sleep for three years.
26. A teaspoonful of neutron star would weigh 6 billion tons.
27. About 20% of Earth’s oxygen is produced by the Amazon rainforest.
28. Alaska is the only state whose name is on one row on a keyboard.
29. Dragonflies have six legs but can’t walk, because their legs are too weak.
30. Dying stars caused that space smells like a combination of diesel fuel and barbecue, according to astronauts.
31. Music, classical in particular, can help make plants grow faster, according to a 2007 study.
32. One in five country music songs refers to alcohol, one in three to tears, and one in seven to “mama”.
33. Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
33 to 48 Useless Facts
34. People used to answer the phone by saying “ahoy” instead of “hello.”
35. Playing electronic dance music can help ward off mosquitoes.
36. Punctuation wasn’t always a part of our written language.
37. Right handed people, on average, live nine years longer than left handed people.
38. Space travel makes mice run in loops.
39. The Eiffel Tower can “grow” to 15 cm during the summer.
40. The infinity sign has the name, and it’s lemniscate.
41. The King of Hearts is the only king in a deck of cards without a mustache.
42. The only breed that can’t bark at all is Basenji dogs.
43. The U.S. Air Force introduced Bob Ross to painting.
44. There are 32 muscles in a cat’s ear.
45. Tyrannosaurus rex probably didn’t roar but hissed or rattled. At least scientists think so.
46. Women have more tastebuds than men.
47. Women see more colors than men.
48. Your stomach produces a new layer of mucus every two weeks so that it doesn’t digest itself.