Get these brain teasers What Am I riddles that you can share with your friend circle to give them a good challenge.
What Am I Riddles For Kids And Students
1. A little house full of meat, no door to go in and eat. What am I? Answer: A Nut.
2. A woman who lives in new york legally married three men, she did not get a divorce, get an enrollment, or legally separate. How is this possible? Answer: She is a minister.
3. Always in you, Sometimes on you; If I surround you, I can kill you. What am I? Answer: Water.
4. Black I am and much admired, men seek me until they’re tired. When they find me, they break my head and take from me my resting bed. What am I? Answer: Coal
5. Four fingers and a thumb, Yet flesh and blood, I have none. What am I? Answer: A glove.
6. Give me an x, I’ll stand to face you. Give me a cross, I’ll turn my back on you. What am I? Answer: The Number 9 (9 multipled by 9 = 81, 9 plus 9=18).
Read: List of psychology facts
7. I am a perching barrel, filled with meat, Taking hits from leaps and dives. Look inside, but do not eat, The meat in there is still alive! What am I? Answer: A thimble on a finger.
8. I am a word of six; my first three letters refer to an automobile; my last three letters refer to a household animal; my first four letters is a fish; my whole is found in your room. What am I? Answer: A carpet.
9. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me. What am I? Answer: Fire
10. I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I? Answer: Pencil lead.
11. I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place. What am I? Answer: The letter e. End, timE, spacE, Every placE
12. I am white when I am dirty, and black when I am clean. What am I? Answer: A blackboard.
13. I can be cracked, I can be made. I can be told, I can be played. What am I? Answer: A Joke!
14. I can come in a can, I can come as a punch, I can come as a win, You can eat me for lunch. What am I? Answer: Beet/Beat
15. I can’t be bought, but I can be stolen with a glance. I’m worthless to one, but priceless to two. What am I? Answer: Love.
16. I have a little house in which I live all alone. It has no doors or windows, and if I want to go out I must break through the wall. What am I? Answer: A chick in an egg.
What Am I Riddles With Answers
17. I have a thousand needles but I do not sew. What am I? Answer: A Porcupine.
18. I have no feet, no hands, no wings, but I climb to the sky. What am I? Answer: Smoke.
19. I have two hands, but I can not scratch myself. What am I? Answer: A clock.
20. I make two people out of one. What am I? Answer: A mirror.
21. I reach for the sky, but clutch to the ground; sometimes I leave, but I am always around. What am I? Answer: I am Tree.
22. I run all around the pasture but never move. What am I? Answer: A fence.
23. I’m a word that’s hardly there. Take away my start, and I’m an herbal flair. What am I? Answer: Sparsely (No S = Parsley).
24. I’m one of five, I’m not alive. The one who sent me forth became king, The one who received me died. What am I? Answer: A Stone from the popular Biblical story, David had five stones. He used one of the stones to kill Goliath.
25. I’m tall when I’m young and I’m short when I’m old. What am I? Answer: Candle or Pencil.
26. I’m white, and used for cutting and grinding. When I’m damaged, humans usually remove me or fill me. For most animals I am a useful tool. What am I? Answer: A tooth!
27. If you drop me, I’m sure to crack. Give me a smile, and I’ll always smile back. What am I? Answer: A mirror.
28. Look in my face, I am somebody; Look in my back, I am nobody. What am I? Answer: I am a mirror.
29. Many-manned scud-thumper, Maker of worn wood, Shrub-ruster, Sky-mocker, Rave! Portly pusher, Wind-slave. What am I? Answer: The ocean!
30. My first is a creature whose breeding is unclear. My second, a price you must pay. My whole can be found in the river of Time and refers to events of today. What am I? Answer: Current.
31. My first is high, My second damp, My whole a tie, A writer’s cramp. What am I? Answer: Hyphen. The first two lines yield high-fen. A hyphen is used by a writer to tie (or cramp) two words together.
32. My first is often at the front door. My second is found in the cereal family. My third is what most people want. My whole is one of the United States. What am I? Answer: Matrimony. (mat + rye + money). Matrimony is certainly a “united state”!
What Am I Riddles For Students With Answers
33. My life can be measured in hours, I serve by being devoured. Thin, I am quick. Fat, I am slow. The wind is my foe. What am I? Answer: I am a candle.
34. Not born, but from a Mother’s body drawn, I hang until half of me is gone. I sleep in a cave until I grow old, then valued for my hardened gold. What am I? Answer: Cheese.
35. The land was white the seed was black It’ll take a good scholar to riddle me that. What am I? Answer: An eye or an eyeball
36. The more you take away, the more I become. What am I? Answer: A hole.
37. There was a greenhouse. Inside the green house there was a white house Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house, there were lots of babies. What am I? Answer: This is a watermelon.
38. There were 5 men traveling down a road and it started to rain and 4 men sped up, the 5th did not, but they all arrived at the same place at the same time but all of them were wet besides the 5th. How? Answer: He was dead and in a coffin.
39. This is as light as a feather, yet no man can hold it for long. What am I? Answer: Your Breath.
40. Until I am measured I am not known, Yet how you miss me when I have flown. What Am I? Answer: Time.
41. What can be heard and caught but never seen? Answer: A Remark.
42. When I’m used, I’m useless, once offered, soon rejected. In desperation oft expressed, the intended not protected. What am I? Answer: A poor alibi or excuse.
43. You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I? Answer: A telephone.
44. You can touch me, You can break me, You should win me if you want to be mine. What am I? Answer: A heart.
45. You can use me to stop, You take me to smoke; Not only do I stop, But I am a stop, And the result of pool’s first stroke. What am I? Answer: Brake/ Break
46. You use a knife to slice my head and weep beside me when I am dead. What am I? Answer: An onion.