Check out here the list of some best What is it riddles for kids with answers.
What is it Riddles For Kids And Students
1. A man rode out of town on Sunday, he stayed a whole night at a hotel and rode back to town the next day on Sunday. How is this possible? Answer: His Horse was called Sunday!
2. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth? Answer: Mount Everest.
3. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? Answer: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
4. Only one color, but not one size, Stuck at the bottom, yet easily flies. Present in sun, but not in rain, Doing no harm, and feeling no pain. What is it? Answer: It’s a shadow!
5. Poor people have it. Rich people need it. If you eat it you die. What is it? Answer: Nothing.
6. Re-arrange the letters, O O U S W T D N E J R, to spell just one word. What is it? Answer: ‘Just one word’.
Read: Yellow Riddles
7. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I? Answer: Footsteps.
8. They have not flesh, nor feathers, nor scales, nor bone. Yet they have fingers and thumbs of their own. What are they? Answer: Gloves.
9. What 8 letter word can have a letter taken away and it still makes a word. Take another letter away and it still makes a word. Keep on doing that until you have one letter left. What is the word? Answer: The word is starting! starting, staring, string, sting, sing, sin, in, I. Cool,huh?
10. What belongs to you, but other people use it more than you? Answer: Your name.
11. What can point in every direction but can’t reach the destination by itself? Answer: Your finger or a compass.
12. What can you catch but never throw? Answer: A cold.
13. What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs? Answer: A Penny.
14. What has many keys, but can’t even open a single door? Answer: A piano.
15. What has six faces, but does not wear makeup, has twenty-one eyes, but cannot see? What is it? Answer: A die (dice).
16. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away? Answer: Charcoal.
17. What is more useful when it is broken? Answer: An egg.
18. What runs around the whole yard without moving? Answer: A fence.
19. What’s at least 6 inches long, goes in your mouth, and is more fun if it vibrates? Answer: A toothbrush. Come on.
Read: Zebra Riddles
20. You have me today, Tomorrow you’ll have more; As your time passes, I’m not easy to store; I don’t take up space, But I’m only in one place; I am what you saw, But not what you see. What am I? Answer: Memories.
21. A pregnant lady named her children: Dominique, Regis, Michelle, Fawn, Sophie and Lara. What will she name her next child? Jessica, Katie, Abby or Tilly? Answer: Tilly. She seems to follow the scale Do, Re, Me, Fa, So, La, and then Ti.
22. I am full of holes but I can still hold water. What am I? Answer: A sponge!
23. If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven’t got me. What am I? Answer: A Secret.
24. It can’t be seen, can’t be felt, can’t be heard, and can’t be smelt. It lies behind stars and under hills, And empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after, Ends life, and kills laughter. What is it? Answer: The dark.
25. What 5-letter word typed in all capital letters can be read the same upside down? Answer: SWIMS.
26. What 7-letter word is spelled the same way backward and forward? Answer: Racecar.
What is it Riddles With Answers
27. What is moving from left to right, right now? Answer: Your eyes!
28. What goes in hard, come out soft, and you blow continuously? Answer: Bubble Gum.
29. What goes up when the rain comes down? Answer: An umbrella.
30. You have three stoves: a gas stove, a wood stove, and a coal stove, but only one match. Which should you light first? Answer: The match!
31. It has a long neck, a name of a bird, feeds on ships cargo, and is not alive. What is it? Answer: A crane.
32. There is an ancient invention, still used in some parts of the world today, that allows people to see through walls. What is it? Answer: A window.
33. What always runs but never walks, often murmurs, never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a mouth but never eats? Answer: A river.
34. What can you hold in your right hand, but not in your left? Answer: Your left hand!
35. What English word retains the same pronunciation, even after you take away four of its five letters? Answer: Queue.
36. What has no body and no nose? Answer: Nobody knows.
37. What has wheels and flies, but it is not an aircraft? Answer: A garbage truck.
38. What is harder to catch the faster you run? Answer: Your breath!
39. What is it that given one, you’ll have either two or none? Answer: A choice.
40. What is the worst vegetable to have on a ship? Answer: A leek(leak).
41. What kind of goose fights with snakes? Answer: A mongoose.
42. What kind of nut has no shell? Answer: A Doughnut.
43. What question can someone ask all day long, always get completely different answers, and yet all the answers could be correct? Answer: “What time is it?”
44. What travels around the world but stays in one spot? Answer: A stamp.
45. What weighs more? A pound of feathers or a pound of stones? Answer: The same. They both weigh a pound!
46. You can carry it everywhere you go, and it does not get heavy. What is it? Answer: Your name.
47. Flat as a leaf, round as a ring; Has two eyes, can’t see a thing. What is it? Answer: A button.
48. If the day before yesterday is the 23rd, then what is the day after tomorrow? Answer: The 27th.
49. Never resting, never still. Moving silently from hill to hill. It does not walk, run or trot, All is cool where it is not. What is it? Answer: Sunshine.
50. What asks no questions but requires many answers? Answer: A doorbell.
51. What can go up and come down without moving? Answer: The temperature.
52. What can hold water even though it has holes? Answer: A Sponge.
What is it Riddles For Students
53. What has a foot on each side and one in the middle? Answer: A yardstick.
54. What has cities, but no houses; forests, but no trees; and water, but no fish? Answer: A map.
55. What kind of candy would a prisoner want before he is executed? Answer: A Life Saver.
56. What runs without legs? Answer: Water.
57. What starts with a T, ends with a T and has T in it? Answer: A teapot.
58. What word is always pronounced wrong? Answer: Wrong!
59. Which of the following words don’t belong in the group and why? CORSET, COSTER, SECTOR, ESCORT, COURTS. Answer: Courts. All of the others are anagrams of each other.
60. Which three letters can frighten a thief away? Answer: I C U.
61. You can see it every day, But cannot touch it at will. What is it? Answer: The sky.
62. I have holes on the top and bottom. I have holes on my left and on my right. And I have holes in the middle, yet I still hold water. What am I? Answer: I’m a Sponge.
63. I scream, You scream, We all scream. For what? Answer: Ice cream.
64. I walked through a field of wheat, I picked up something good to eat, It was white and had no bone, In twenty-one days it walked alone. What did I pick up? Answer: An Egg.
65. I’m the part of the bird that’s not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I? Answer: A shadow.
66. It is a 5 letter word if you take away first letter it is something you get from sun, if you remove second letter you will get something to eat, if you remove third letter you get a word you use in pointing at and if you remove the fourth letter you get something to drink. What is it? Answer: Wheat.
67. No sooner spoken than broken. What is it? Answer: Silence
68. Pick a number from 1-10, multiply it by 2, add ten, divide it by 2, now subtract the number that you have from the number you picked. What is it? Answer: Do you have 5?
69. There is a word in the English language in which the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four signify a great man, and the whole word, a great woman. What is the word? Answer: Heroine.
70. What common English verb becomes its own past tense by rearranging its letters? Answer: Eat and Ate.
71. What day would yesterday be if Thursday was four days before the day after tommorow? Answer: Friday.
72. What do you call a snowman in the summer? Answer: Puddle.
73. What falls down but never breaks? Answer: Nightfall.
74. What fastens two people yet touches only one? Answer: A wedding ring.
75. What has toes but no feet or legs? Answer: Tomatoes.
76. What is at the end of a rainbow? Answer: The letter w.
77. What is the best key to a good dinner? Answer: A tur-key.
78. What is the hardest key to turn? Answer: A don-key
79. What is the longest word in the dictionary? Answer: Smiles (there is a mile between the two S’s)
What is it Riddles With Answers
80. What jack has a head but no body? Answer: Jack-o-lantern.
81. What question can never be answered with a Yes? Answer: Are you asleep?
82. When was the latest year that is the same upside down? Answer: 1961.
83. Which word is the odd one out: Seventy, Brawl, Clover, Proper, Carrot, Swing, Change, Travel, Sacred, Stone? Answer: Carrot. When the first and last letters are removed from the other words, they still spell another word.
84. You pick it, You peel the outside, You cook the inside, You eat the outside, And throw away the inside. What is it? Answer: An ear of corn.
85. Everyone has it but no one can lose it. What is it? Answer: A shadow.
86. Glittering points that downward thrust, sparkling spears that never rust. What is it? Answer: An Icicle.
87. If you have two coins which total 35 cents and one of the coins is not a dime, what are the two coins? Answer: A quarter and a dime. One coin is not a dime, but the other one is.
88. It floats like a log. It look likes a log. But it isn’t a log. What is it? Answer: An alligator.
89. It runs and runs but can never flee. It is often watched, yet never sees. When long it brings boredom, When short it brings fear. What is it? Answer: Time, which is often watched when you stare at a clock.
90. It shouts along the street, hasn’t any lungs, It tugs at leaves and hurls them at people old and young. What is it? Answer: The Wind.
91. Mountains will crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call. What is it? Answer: Time.
92. No matter how smart you are, there is one thing you will always overlook. What is it? Answer: Your own nose.
93. The more there is the less you see. What is it? Answer: Darkness.
94. This old one runs forever, but never moves at all. He has not lungs nor throat, but still a mighty roaring call. What is it? Answer: A Waterfall.
95. Tomorrow Is Neither Wednesday Nor Thursday. Yesterday Was Not Friday Or Saturday. Today Is Not Thursday Nor Monday Nor Sunday. What Day Is Today? Answer: Friday.
96. What can be stolen, mistaken, or altered, yet never leaves you your entire life? Answer: Your identity.
97. What can be swallowed, but can also swallow you? Answer: Pride.
98. What do Spanish speaking sheep say at Christmas time? Answer: Fleece Navidad.
99. What do you call a wizard from outer space that can fly? Answer: A flying sorcerer!
100. What has to be broken before it can be used? Answer: An egg.
101. What has to be taken before you can get it? Answer: Your picture.
102. What is bigger than a grey elephant yet weighs nothing. What is it? Answer: The elephants shadow.
103. What is in the middle of India? Answer: The letter ‘d’!
104. What’s a Jedi’s favorite car? Answer: A toy-yoda.
105. Which is correct to say, “The yolk of the egg are white,” or “The yolk of the egg is white?” Answer: Neither, because egg yolks are yellow.
106. You can see nothing else When you look in my face, I will look you in the eye and I will never lie. What am I? Answer: I am your reflection.